Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

what to do if you have weed on you and a cop stops you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by high tymes 420, May 23, 2009.

1. me and a few buddies are toke up tonight at one other buddies house it's gonna be fun but the only thing that has me sketched is the cops stopping us and checking us if that happens wat should i do with the weed?:confused:

2. eat it and say you had broccoli for dinner if it gets stuck in your teeth

3. throw it at him.

4. Follow orders and be polite.

5. Friends have hid it in their briefs a few times. One friend got away with an ounce in his boxers. Placement is key :p

6. Well if you arent smoking in the car, assuming youre going to smoke at your friends house, a cop has no reason to pull you over. And if you do get pulled over, you can tell him that he cant search you. If youre smoking and he pulls you over, eating it is your best bet.

7. Don't smoke in the car and dont act all blazed if you do get pulled over. More than liekly you will get your ticket/warning and be on your way.

8. lol :D

9. Could put an eye out with my latest reg pickup if I threw it at someone! Maybe even crack a skull :D those buds are hard as hell

10. depends on the situation, some times you have time to hide it and it doesnt smell, but when your cuaght your cuaght and its betetr to admit it with some officers.

11. LMFAO. Eating your bud when you get pulled over is seriously a paranoid thing too do. Not that I wouldn't do it. It's just a paranoid and funny thing too do. LMFAO.

12. #12 iLoveWaterBongs, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
    What is so funny about that? You do know you have a constitutional right to deny an officer the right to search your car/belongings, correct? Without probable cause like visually seeing marijuana or marijuana smoking devices lying around, or smelling a strong weed scent, an officer can't legally search your car without your permission. Any evidence found in a search unauthorized by you without probable cause cannot be used in court.

You'll notice, unless one of the things I just discussed is in plain view in your car or is easily smellable, an officer will not search your car/belongings without asking. An example would be the officer saying "I hope you don't mind if I search your car then?" or "How about stepping out of the car and letting me take a look around?" Just say no. "I don't submit to searches" is just fine, you can't go wrong with being polite.

However, in answer to the opening post, as long as you follow all traffic laws there is no reason for a cop to pull you over. If you're smoking in the car, I'd suggest having a cigarette lying around, and be ready to light the cigarette and blow that smoke all over the place in the car just in case you get pulled over. Then, when you roll down the window to answer the officer, the tobacco smell of the cigarette you just lit can mask the marijuana's scent. Also, if you get pulled over, simply put any joint/bong/etc. out of plain view like in the glove compartment or well hidden under a seat.

If you're in the home there is no reason for a cop to come to the door if you are secretive in your toking. Don't be too loud and disturb the neighbors and don't let any neighbors see you with anything questionable such as a bong when you are outside in plain view. If you are discrete like this there is no reason for the police to be called out to your house. However, if the police are called, tell everyone inside to hide any devices into areas out of plain view and do not invite officers in. Instead, walk outside and shut the door behind you and speak to the officers on the porch. This is completely legal to do. They can't search your/your friend's house without probable cause either.

Enjoy your toke =)

13. Dont act paranoid or anything, just act normal, and don't smoke in the car.

14. say "im not high. im drunk"

15. play it cool or jump the nearest fence

16. While you may be able to say no to a search, that doesn't keep the cop from calling a k-9 unit in if he suspects you have something to hide. By telling the cops you can't search the car you pretty much confirm that you have something in the car. Might as well fess up if you know they will find something then have them have to bring a dog in and be pissed off at ya.

Fuck the police lol

17. If a cop asks what do you have on you you better tell him or else he is going to fuck you...I learned that if you tell the truth cops will work with you

I've got out of the last 4 jams I was in just by telling the truth..And I had been blazin everyone of those times

18. if you're sober, just act normal and keep shit out of sight. if you're high, make sure you get some eyedrops and some kind of cover smell (axe, cigarettes, etc.) or, preferably, a change of clothes.

in either situation ACT NORMAL. a simple traffic violation is no reason to act sketchy. just be careful, obey traffic laws, and 99% of the time you'll be fine.

19. Lightning a cigarette seem suspicious if ur stoned? Not sure

20. Just Say 'No' to Police Searches | FlexYourRights.org

There is never a reason to give permission for a police search, whether or not you think they'll find anything. Be polite and respectful, but deny permission audibly (preferably so others can hear).

"I'm going to have to ask you to open your glove box" is a request, not a lawful order.