What To Do If You Get Nutrient Burn?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sam5a, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Sorry don't have any picture for my girls, I just format my PC and need to DL Bluetooth to send pics to my pc. I am very sure my girls are suffering for nutrient  burn for two reason, I gave them  1 gram (almost 1/2 tbsp) of all purpose 20-20-20+ mixed with one liter of water and later on I learned it was a bit over. The second reason is that they are starting to show very small brown tips, either at the tip of the leaf or at the tip of every spike of the leaf.

I gave them the nutrient on Friday early morning (01:00 am) and I noticed these symptoms today, so hopefully it's a small burn not a big one. watering day, I gave them water only. I should change their feeding that's an unquestionable fact. the tips should I let it be or trim them? how much should I reduce the next dosage of nutrients? 1 gram per 1 gallon? or any other suggestion is welcome.

2. #2 noizviolation, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    If you dont like em trim em ( the tips ), but they make a good benchmark to decipher if the problem is corrected or persisting. Maybe you should do 1/4th tbsp to a gallon of water on your next feeding. I know some people who do feed - feed - water. And also people who do water - water - feed. Me personally I do water only, living soil.

Good luck, and if in doubt, flush her, let her dry out and then hit her with the 1/4 dose feed.

• Like Like x 1