Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to do if you are greening out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BubbaDaKush, Feb 25, 2012.

1. What to do if you are greening out? I try not to clench my jaw, and rest my facial muscles and relax my chest, lately I've felt as if I get rapid heart beat, sore muscles, and black out, feeling if i'm levitating from one place to another. is that normal? no personality change, or any sort of hostility to others, i feel "baked" but lately it's doing this to me.

2. Just try to remain calm and try to relax as much as possible. Oh, and make sure you have a bucket near incase you need to puke.

3. You'll always feel better after you puke, so if you have to, let it out.

4. slow deep breaths and lie down

5. drink gatorade,milk just chill and try standing next to a firm surface and closing your eyes put on hand on the table palm down and relax it helps your body recenter itself

6. realize its just weed and stop.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Try to go to a quiet place where there is nobody around and just concentrate. If you're gonna throw up, throw up. It feels way better than just holding it in. Get in a comfortable position, I wouldn't stand. Sit, or lie down and make sure your comfy. Don't stand up or you'll get a head rush that is 473993x worse than a normal head rush, since your high. It will also last about 5 minutes each. You'll get really sweaty and cold all over your body. Just close your eyes and don't open them too quickly or it could make you jump. Greening will last about an hour, then you'll just feel exhausted and sick for another hour. This is just from my experiences, hope it helped!

8. Definitely agree with what others are posting. Last night I actually got hella green sick, so ill just share what I did and maybe it'll help. After coming in from smoking, it hit me pretty hard. I tried to drink water/milk, and it kinda made it worse for me even though I had some bad cotton mouth. I laid down on my couch and just tried to relax. I had music going already so I just closed my eyes and tried to calm down. Don't try to do too much or stand up quick or it'll hit ya. Just tell yourself its all mental, all you did was smoke, jam to some tunes, and it should pass. Luckily i was able to suppress the feeling to throw up so i never got to that point haha. After I laid there for about an hour I was able to make it up to my bed, where I passed out. Definitely not a fun experience so best of luck if it hits ya man haha..

9. Smoke less. Seriously, if it's not enjoyable, what's the point? If you're trying to keep up with your friends or won't cut back because you need to look cool, then I'm sorry, you're being a tool. Your other option is to keep doing it and learn to deal with it. After a while, you'll realize that what your feeling is the weed and nothing else, that the weed can't hurt you, and you'll stop having the panic attacks.

10. Lie down with a cool cloth if you need to other option is to crank music close your eyes and enjoy the trip.

Or you could stumble around faceplant and pass out, LOL.

11. drink some water,

always drink water before and after smoking bud, i find myself unusually mentally faded if i dont have enough water in my system when im blazed

keep hydrated!
    and if your greening out, lay down for a little bit and meditate. perhaps do some deep breathing, have a glass of water and you'll be sweet.

:smoke: :love:

12. I have always found that any undesirable effects I may experience after smoking Cannabis tend to set in fast and go away quickly, usually within the first 15 minutes. Remind yourself that it will pass and it's just an effect of the herb; the drug is truly harmless so any ill feelings you have won't lead to anything serious. Over time, you'll learn to manage the effects better. If they continue, maybe herb isn't for you. Only smoke if the effects are enjoyable. As Antonio420 wrote, water is your best ally; that and a calm scenario.

13. Drink something sweet and chill out. It'll wear off eventually into a nice high.

14. usually i just step outside for a bit, smoke a cig and stare at the sky. most of the time i forget i was even freakin out

15. uhhh I always jack off. Works 99% of the time.

16. #17 Old School Smoker, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    From Urban dictionary: the definition of greening out:

greening out 322 up, 78 downInvolves constant throwing up and feeling extreme nausea and dizzyness for the rest of the night, possibly with continued vomiting later on. In more extreme cases, the person in question may experience hallucinations.

Occurs when someone smokes a lot of marijuana in a short period of time. Common amongst those who want to prove their masculinity somehow by smoking large amounts, usually through peer pressure.

Usually ruins the night for everyone else, as it means they must look after them and take them home. So people who green out often aren't very popular with the rest of the dope heads.
    Person 1 : "Wheres he going? Oh no, he's greening out."
    Person 2 : "For fucks sake, not again."

I have greened out so many times . i should be called greenout man. But the only time my friends had to take care of me was when I mixed pot with booze. Then I just throw up and pass out wherever. One time my friends were so pissed, they dumped me off in the mountains.

17. Drink water, lie down, and sleep it off. Always feels better after a nap. If you are feeling real nauseated, you're probably better off pulling the trigger and vomiting. Always feels better after you puke. Just try to relax and close your eyes and pray you don't get nauseated again.

18. Haven't greened in a long time but if it ever gets to the point where I feel like puking, I lie down and the feeling passes pretty quickly.
    If that isn't working then as said previously, puke it out, you'll feel much better.
    Greening out is never a matter to panic about, you'll get used to it.

19. I greened out for the first time a couple days ago. It was bad from what I read about other peoples experiences with greening out. I had smoked 2 J's in the span of about 10 minutes lol... not very smart. I got really anxious and nauseous and dizzy. I got a buddy to drive me home and I laid down on my bed, I tried to drink water to get rid of the cotton mouth but it didn't really help. After trying to sleep for a good 10 minutes, I got up and puked about 4 times on my bed, I went and sat on the sofa, puked another 3 times, went and sat by the toilet and puked about another 4 times, the whole time being sweaty and cold and dizzy. It took about 2 hours for it to pass and 11 pukes later, I was fine. You can usually tell it's going to end because you stop sweating and you're not as dizzy anymore. After all that had subsided I went, had some water, laid down on my couch and passed out for a good 5 hours lol. After that, I felt fine and was back to normal. If you are going to green out I suggest lying down and closing your eyes, lye down on your STOMACH though or on your SIDE, not on your back, this is because if you are going to yack and you're on your back there's a chance of choking on your vomit. Either sit up or lie on your side. Drink some water, try to chill out and know that it will go away soon. Just don't freak out, I made that mistake and wound up puking way more than I needed to. Goodluck!