Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What to do about horrible cough after quitting smoking cigs?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Drums320, Aug 15, 2012.

1. So I've been smoking cigs for about 6 years, an average of about a half a pack a day, and I've been smoking weed everyday for about 2 years. I quit smoking cigs cold turkey about a month ago, and for the past 3 weeks or so I've had a pretty bad cough. But for the past 4 days I've been in Florida for my brother's wedding, so I obviously couldn't take weed on the plane. But since I temporarily quit smoking weed, my cough from quitting cigs has gotten WAY worse. I've been coughing up so much mucus it's so fucking annoying!! It's hard to even get to sleep at night because of this cough. Why is this happening? Is there anyway to stop it? And will this get even worse once I get home and toke again? I get home tonight and I really wana smoke :smoke: but I'm kind of afraid it'll make this even more painful.....

2. I've found the same sort of thing happens to me.

At a guess after you stop your lungs start cleaning themselves but I could be wrong. Sounds like you should take a look at a vape to avoid smoking all together.

3. Your probably sick, actually. When you quit cigs you do clear out mucus, but it shouldn't be keeping you up at night.

Maybe your body isn't used to all the bacteria around you. I found out when smoking cigs I hardly ever got sick, possibly because the smoke/chemicals in cigarettes kill a lot of bad bacteria (an probably good too). That is just a theory, though, I'm no doctor.

4. just wait another few weeks (at the most), it will go away

its happened to me before when i quit.....than i started smoking them again like a fucktard :laughing:

5. I'm having the same problem. Terrible coughing at night and during the day with lots of phlegm and mucous. The only difference is that I don't smoke cigs; just trees. I've had this cough for about 6 months now. In the beginning I thought it was just a sinus infection, so I went to the doctor and got prescribed some antibiotics. After taking about two prescriptions worth, I finally realized that my cough/hack is from smoking. So now I know the problem, I just need to do something about it, but Im too lazy. Ill probably end up taking a break during fall.

I also found this when surfing the web. It might help
    How to Get Rid of Phlegm

With all the coughing I have found some advantages.
    Gets me higher when smoking and I've noticed and increase or definition of abdominal muscles.

6. Sounds like your lungs are spring cleaning and reparing themselves.

7. i don't think you are getting sick at all...

it's all the shit in your lungs coming up

give it some time, you'll be fine