What to clean dwc buckets out with?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Merkidge69, Dec 22, 2017.

1. So im doing my third grow and i keep getting white salty looking water.. not sure if its from the stones or whatever? So im wondering how to solve the problem. Ordered some new air stones, anything i can use to rinse the buckets? Will clean roots aswell, any ideas what this could be? Water looks cloudy white only changed the water 2 hours ago.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Clean EVERYTHING with h202 mixed with water. Buckets air stone lid even the hose from your pump to your stone.
    Rinse your clay pebbles in a h202 + h20 mix and then again with just water.
    That should sterilize everything. You should be doing this weekly with Rez change.

Hi how are you no it’s how hi are you

3. I clean my DWC stuff with water and elbow grease.

Once in a while between grows I'll clean something with bleach water but hardly ever.

There's two approaches to DWC. Sterilize everything and run a sterile res or run beneficial microbes and enzymes and allow those to overpower bad growth.

I personally use the beneficial microbes and enzymes approach. I haven't had a single significant problem in my root zone since I've been running hydrogaurd, GH rapid start, AN piranha, and hygrozyme.

I believe a plant's roots and the plants in general will grow more healthy with a less sterile approach just like your digestive/immune system.

4. My theories seem to be paying off. I have the largest roots in a bucket I've ever seen. I'd like to see a rival post something similar. These things are blowing my mind. This pic was like a week ago. They are larger now and creeping up to the rim. Not quite 3 weeks in flower in this pic with an 8 week veg.
    IMG_0816.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s awesome tbone. I bet you have extremely clean habits.
    Just cleaning with h2o2 will not hurt your microb life

6. I do a once a week water change and I use rainwater to grow with. I don't let a leaf rest on the floor of the tent if I see it. You could probably eat dinner on the floor. I've gotten more ocd about keeping a clean room after getting spider mites from a strange clone last summer.

I'm too lazy to put more effort forth and do more then I currently am. No reason for me to sterilize if no sterilizing is working.

7. You’re extremely clean habits is part of a sterile environment maybe not in your buckets but in general. It’s awesome to hear someone who is that clean. I know I’m not. Lol.