What to call this?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by hydrohippie1, Jul 31, 2010.

1. I have a 18" Pure tube and a zob mini 8 arm perc ashcatcher but the base of the ashcatcher doesnt sit flat on the bottom it is about 15 degrees off if that makes any sense? i want the bottom of the ashcatcher to sit flat so i can get its full potential. do they sell adapters that would bend the ashcatcher down about 15 degrees or so? if they do what are they called and where would i be able to locate one? I kno this sounds kinda confusing but its kinda hard to explain, i hope you guys get what im trying say here. thanks for the help in advance!

2. #2 kelvinivlek, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
    I think what you're thinking of is maybe an angle changing adapter but that doesn't exist *to the extent of my knowledge. You could go to a local blower and have them change the angle of the ash catcher but other than that you're stuck having to tilt your piece to hit it.

3. your first post on this site is 100% incorrect

4. who cares man just move your bong and the guy above was right not wrong

5. umm i own an angle changing adapter. they sell them on laboratory equipment websites. :rolleyes:

6. you CAN get a 90 degree to 45 degree adapter. (looks as though there are two unqualified ppl giving out advice)

Though it DOES sound like even with an adapter, it might offset it in the opposing direction (still wouldnt be quite level)

What would be ace is to get an adapter, bring the (spotless) parts to a local blower, have them heat up and modify the angle on the adapter so the a/c sits perfectly level.

7. thanks guys for the input, im def gunna head to my local head shop and see if they can change the angle on it. Would it weaken the glass at all where they modified the bend though?

8. Most produced adapters are made to convert a 90 degree joint to 45 or a 45 to 90. Neither would help you. Your best bet would be a custom adapter rather than a modification to the A/C. Or your easiest solution: You're using it on your straight Pure right? The function of a single downstem hardly changes depending on angle so just tilt it to even out the AC when you're hitting it.