what to buy... tent, lights.. led?? filters. Please help.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by wrightc21, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Please help i have a closet that i am going to use as my grow room. planning on buying a grow tent.(it can only be 29 inches deep...) I dont mind paying for quality. I was thinking about going led but im very open to sugestions. my major concern is air flow and oder control. i plan to grow in dirt at first maybe hydro later on. the closet that i will be using is in a bedroom so advice on the quietest air circulation would be great.

some links to tents i have been looking at.

Dark Room DR120W (Wide) from Growco Indoor Garden Supply

or two of
    Dark Room DR60 from Growco Indoor Garden Supply

maybe ebay tent?
    New Full Mylar Grow Tent Small 48 X 24 X 60 Hydro Hut - eBay (item 270598450870 end time Oct-22-10 18:56:15 PDT)

thanks
    chris

2. I just received my DR60 today. I'll let you know what i end up doing.

3. please do.. and include pics

4. Im running the same kind of garden as you, closet in the bedroom.

How much height do you have to work with inside the closet?

Only reason i ask is because mine is 2' deep 8.5' wide and 8.5' tall...

I didnt want to loose the extra 2.5-3 feet of height with a tent so i just made my own out of panda film, white duct tape and a staple gun. Also used those tarp zippers that stick on to the plastic to make a door. if you look in my grow journal you can see pics.

I think its much better then spending the money on two tents. I actually bought two 2x4x6 tents had them in my room and decided to take the $400 i just spend and spend $50 on making my own tent and $350 on more grow stuff. It worked out great because now i can use all of my height in my closet. I was able to put the plants on a table inside the closet so i can have storage space underneath but still have plenty of room to flower plants till they are 4' tall.

think about it. Its a little more work but if you do it right it will be lightproof and will hold in the smell with proper ventilation and carbon filter.

5. personally, I would just go to home depot and grab some 1 inch square wooden poles, they come in 8 ft. lengths, make a frame and cover it completely with panda film or 2 layers of mylar. MUCH MUCH cheaper and can be made to any size you need

6. As a grow tent? :eek: