what time of day should i cut down my crop? morning?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by andy83, Oct 26, 2010.

1. is there a time i day i should cut down my crop? morning, when the light first comes on?
    ty for any info

2. i cut mine at night right before dark on a full moon i grow outdoors

3. I don't see how it matters.

If you say middle of the night how could you not also say - the next afternoon - anything good from the night pass wouldn't magically disappear when the lights turn on tomorrow.

Maybe some tidal action from a full moon sure, but maybe wear wolves make that idea too dangerous

4. I cut in the morning, the light cycle is when it uses the energy it has stored all day. It pry doesn't make too big a difference though.

5. It DOES matter

you want to cut at the end of a dark cycle when the nutrients are mostly in the roots. when the lights turn on the plant sends more nutes to the leaves for new growth. At night they go down into the roots. If you cut at the end of a dark period you will leave most of the nutrients that might still be in the plant after a flush in the roots.

-Teapot

6. I have read a lot that agrees with teapot. i figure it couldnt hurt, since i've never read anything that says to cut after the daylight period. but then again, i'm a noob too. teapot though has some good harvests that I've seen, so i'd agree with him. just my opinion

7. I have heard good things about leaving the plant in the dark 36-72 hours before chopping.