What time does flowering begain outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Duckyx, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Around what time of the year like month does the flowering stage begin usually in new england? i have a beautiful 7foot female outside and wondering when it will start flowering

2. im not 100% sure, but i'd say within the next 2 weeks

3. It depends on where you live to know percisely when the days will get to about 12/12.
    For me, it'll be mid-september i think.

4. Well if boston is where you live then its the same for me i live in central mass

5. im in pa and my 3 plants havnt showed sex yet so will they do it soon do you think they wont finish flowering

6. I just realized you said you have a 7foot monster outside. Can we see a pic of it? thats awesome, 7'

7. expect flowers pretty soon. plants will begin to flower even before the days get to the 12/12 range. right now in my area the daylight times are around 14/10 and i think they are just now starting to do something. august is the month when flowers start their thing

8. How do you know the plants are female ? They have started to flower?

9. The time to harvest depends on several factors: bud development, weather, fungus, and thieves. Some marijuana strains mature earlier in the fall than others, depending on the latitude of the globe where the strain originated. You will need to pull Indica varieties in late September and Columbian varieties in late October. The weather may also force you to pull early. If there is a severe freeze heading your way, you are better off not chancing that the weathermen are wrong and pull at least a majority of what you have. Another case for pulling early is if weather conditions are perfect for the fungus to run wild. This will also force you to pull early. And of course if your site has been found or is in great danger of being found, you must pull everything to avoid loosing out on what would otherwise have been a great year. For instance, if you have a site in a corn field or other temporary situation, the harvest must occur at a point in time relatively independent of weather. Also try to find out if and when hunters start to roam the fields.
    One other thing to watch for is frost. Even a mild frost can damage plants so watching the weather closely in late September and throughout October is important. If your plants do get damaged by frost the herb is still harvestable so don't give up entirely if you fail to chop before the first frost. If by some freak chance there is a frost in early September and the buds are still very small you may want to allow the damage to occur and then let the buds finish maturing rather than harvesting a small quantity of premature buddage. This type of situation is an on the spot call and you must consider many factors, such as bud size, weather predictions for the following weeks, strain of weed, location of site, etc., before deciding. Indica varieties usually mature sooner than sativa varieties, and the best time to harvest varieties acclimated to the Northeast is from late September to mid October. Those varieties not acclimated to the Northeast, such as Columbian or Jamaican, are best left to late October or even mid November if the weather permits. One other thing you want to avoid is harvesting in the rain. Moisture can lead to problems in the drying process such as molds and fungi. The dryer the plants at the harvest date the better.
    As mentioned before, it is important to acquire marijuana seeds from strains that can be grown at the latitude you are at, some Mexican or Colombian varieties may not develop mature buds until November and by then the weather becomes harsh. Knowing when your plants will mature is difficult for beginners or growers using new marijuana seeds for the first season. Planning and getting to a good drying location quickly is important so the buddage is not left in bags for longer than a few hours. If the freshly harvested bud remains in bags for too long (12 hours or more), molds and fungus will begin to destroy the herb. Once you get to your drying location you need to prepare the herb for drying. This entails removing excess fan leaves and other larger leaves. However, if the drying spot has a temperature higher than 85 degrees it may be beneficial to leave a few large leaves to keep the buds from drying too quickly. Typical places to dry are attics, closets, dresser drawers, and basements. The best position for a bud to dry in is hanging upside down in a location where air can circulate all around it. If you are fortunate to have a location that you can do this in, great, otherwise use a dresser drawer or some other concealed place. If you dry the buds in dresser drawers remember not to double stack the buds or the weight of the upper layer of buds will cause a flat spot on the buds underneath. Also remember to rotate the buds every day so the erb dries uniformly and you can check for any signs of mold or fungus. If space permits and you are able to retrieve the whole plant, roots and all, you can hang them upside down by the roots, but don't expect this drying procedure to yield higher quality bud. THC does not drain from the roots down into the buds, the THC forms in the resin on the buds. The entire drying process should take place over four to six days depending on the size and variety of bud, the temperature, and the relative humidity of the drying area. If the buds are dried too quickly, the flavor of the erb will become more harsh and the THC level may not reach its potential. If the is dried too slowly then molds and fungi may develop and have a similar effect. With any method of drying, the process must be monitored on a day-to-day basis. Room temperature is fine for drying as long as the humidity is kept low. If drying must take place in a cool damp place then a fan and possibly a heater should be installed to compensate.

Hope that helps.:D:smoking:

10. Ill keep it short for ya mine already have buds!
    check out my threadin general outdoor growing.

11. 1 of mine started producing buds 2 weeks ago. Another followed a week laster. My hoping big mamma has yet to bud. I've only seen preflowers on it...

12. I suggest that if you havent yet switched from veg ferts to bloom
    ferts yet, then you should, if you wanna see those little clusters start form a bit sooner!
    Peace

13. Well it started. Its a female i was correct. and im so happy. Its been about 3 days now.