What The People Want: Marijuana Legalization - Forbes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by monopolyman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. I don't give a rat's ass about the whole religion thing, but I really hope that we can get some action on the weed legalization and elimination of the TSA.

I used to work in nuke plants, and we went through a gate that could sense explosives. Why the fuck the TSA had to spend so much on elaborate X-ray machines that can fuck you up when there was already a tech that can detect explosives and doesn't expose you to unregulated X-ray machines that are not being run by properly trained radiology techs is beyond me.

2. At least Forbes didn't put the space alien petition as competition for marijuana legalization,,however,,,they did just say drugs,,,lumping it in with all the nasty drugs just as the ONDCP hopes they will and they listed the petition last in the list even though it has nearly 3 times the vote of the TSA petition,,,good ol drug war spin.

I also hope they end the TSA,,before they become a self feeding entity as the ONDCP has.

3. I don't think any of those corporations or governments really care about petitions :(

"Oh, shit, more stoners than we thought disagree with us! Lets change the rules!"

Not gonna happen, in my opinion.

4. #5 monopolyman, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2011
    at the very least we will get an official explanation from the government which they have been putting off for a very long time for obvious reasons.. who knows how big this could get. My prediction is if the economy keeps heading in the way it is we might just get enough politicians to believe legalization could have a positive impact on the economy and they would vote yes for legalization.

"If marijuana is not legal within the next 5 years, I have no faith left in humanity, period" - Seth Rogan.

5. I think he said 5 years. Could be wrong though, been a while since I saw Pineapple Express lol

6. you were right, I corrected myself and put in the exact words since I did quote it. Its been to long since I have watched it all the way through as well good catch.

7. Here's the response you'll get from the government:

"Oh, that? Uh, we don't think it would be a good idea"

Then throw some laughter in there..

8. We are not doing this because we expect the president to give any kind of intelligent,honest answers to our petitions. We already know he is a pawn of the corporations that want hemp kept off the open market.

But every time he laughs us off,,spews bullshit out of his mouth instead of facts,,more Americans listen too us.

Obama has brought more people to our side of the fence than any other Prez,,,not because he is changing anything,,but because he refuses to answer the questions with a serious intelligent answer.

9. “If you can't legalize marijuana, why can't you just legalize medical marijuana?” a woman asked the president.

“A lot of states are making decisions about medical marijuana,” Obama explained. “As a controlled substance, the issue is then that is it being prescribed by a doctor as opposed to… you know, well, I'll leave it at that.”

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=592LpOQXoCw]Obama Stammers on Medical Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

Riiiiiight.... thank you Doctor Obama, thank you for that brilliant clarification.

10. Forbes covering marijuana legalization shows that this has become an upper class issue as well. There is too much money to be made with marijuana legalization, businessmen want in.

11. Unfortunately, there's a lot more to be made by keeping it illegal, hence, it still is. We need to pick apart and expose the institutions who are profiting off of this corruption. Or, we could gather in mass, march on the capital, and refuse to disperse until we are addressed to our satisfaction.

12. You mean like this one?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=592LpOQXoCw]Obama Stammers on Medical Marijuana - YouTube[/ame]

You would expect better of the man who runs our country, no?

13. Well, you see the issue here is, for him to be a puppet, he'd have to have someone's arm elbow deep in his ass as opposed to... well... we'll just leave it at that.

14. Money has always been the issue over marijuana/hemp,,and with our economy floundering,,the only really steady market is the drug market,,
    and with the rich investors looking at the money the cartels are making off of marijuana,,,the keeping it illegal profits are losing their sparkle,,and when people with those kind of dollars start wanting marijuana legal so they can make money off of it,,it will be legal.:smoke: