What The Longest Youve Gone Without Smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by lindsay711, Apr 17, 2014.

1. hey i havent smoked in about 3 weeks. i usualy smoke everyday atleast twice a day.

i gotta say that without smoking weed ive started to feel like a fucking lowlife.

like i have no work atm (day off) nothing to do and idk i just feel like i have nothing to look forward to.

i didnt come on here to get flammed, posted this on another site and my topic got locked.

im here for legitimate advice, or other stories. like i just feel really alone atm. and like theres no reason for me to even get up in the morning. it makes me feel like a worthless drug addict like do i need to smoke to function?

my plants arent ready for harvest and everyone i know is dry atm. im just feeling really depressed, all my friends moved to out of states colleges so its not like i can chill with my friends, mostly i just see my bf because we live together, and hes at work atm.

has anyone ever experienced this before? am i a drug addict? my bf got mad that i asked him to buy me weed and called me a drug addict and it really hasnt ben helping my mood at all.

2. nah..it's all good.  Just sounds like your crazy bored.  And, of course, nothing helps being bored like smoking a little bud.  While there is some evidence of psychological addiction (which I call just wanting to smoke some bud) there is no evidence at all of physical addiction.

When I stop smoking, I am usually irritated for a few days, and lose my appetite.  But other than that no biggie.  So, I try not to stop.  (But, I get dry a LOT too).

Don't let it get in your head.  Your boyfriend sounds like my wife. LOL

yea well he doesnt smoke weed and gets mad wen i ask him to buy it for me, because like he has all the good connections.

theres depression that runs in my family and ive just ben thinking about really fucked up shit lately and not ben feeling like myself and i feel like i NEED to smoke and its ben makin me feel even more down because like i dont want to feel like i need to rely on drugs to make me happy. makes me feel low x_x

glad im not the only 1 tho, im over the irritated stage and just straight up depressed, like idk ive ben crying over the stupidest shit. i mean i kno im a woman and we cry all the time cause we're emotional wrecks but damn i really dont kno wtf i am so sad about.

4. #4 TheAnswer121, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    some people don't understand that smoking weed is sometimes more than just about getting high. it is a medicine.

i'm a completely different person if i go a day without smoking. gotta keep plenty on deck.

if you we're an addict you would not have gone this long already without it.

5. Sounds like taking a break is a good idea for you actually. You need to get a grip. You really shouldn't be smoking if you feel you need it to function.

And by the way, I'm daily toker for over 20 years. Though over the course of that time I have taken many breaks. Some lasting over a year.

My most recent break began Sept 15th. and has gone for the past 7 months.

6. You can't be a drug addict with weed, but you can be over dependent. It seems like you depend on it too much, and I had the same problem. When I wasn't high, I felt down, when I did get high I over thought things. I'd spend all my money on weed, and for what? To get high? 

One day I decided I just wanted to be happy on my own, and I stopped buying weed. At first it was hard, but then I just kept a positive mindset and it wasn't so bad. I saved tons of money, started doing other things, finding other interests. I spent my money on more important things. I started working out, going for runs, I feel great since then. 

Plus, I still buy weed every now and then. I'll smoke on the weekends but I do not need it like I used to. I finally don't depend on it. Cutting back on weed was the best decision I made. Plus now I have no tolerance so the littlest bit of weed gets me stoned  :smoke:

7. I am going for 1 year....! 6 months in :smoke:

If you plan on going to live in Japan, consider the absence of weed. Makes you think though, like how badly it is seen here. Although...lots of the young people who travel to other places with weed tend to have different ideas of it.

8. like 15 years, before I started

ty i appreciate ur imput alot, maybe ur rite =/ hopefuly the depression leaves

10. Trust me, I used to be very depressed. Best thing that helped my depression was just changing my lifestyle and my mindset. I just told myself I want to be a better and happier person, and pursued that idea. Go a few days without weed, be productive, see how it goes, you might be surprised.

If that's you in your picture your a good looking girl, you have a boyfriend you live with, and you have a job. Seems like you should have a lot to smile about! Instead of sitting at home sad with nothing to do, go out and do something! Just go try something you've never done and want to do. I do things by myself all the time now when I'm bored. Just the other day I was home alone bored, wanted to try some Japanese food and went to this Japanese restaurant and had a lot of fun.

I disagree. A synonym of addict is abuser.

Many people are abusers of weed.

12. Weed is not addictive, therefore you can't be a true addict. Sure you can be mentally dependent on it and abuse it, but not like a true drug addict. 

13. Longest I've gone is around 6 months no weed. But there have also been long periods where i'll only have the occasional toke, say at a party or when camping/hiking.

14. #14 bLazeNgLaze, Apr 17, 2014
    I am addicted to the freedom/relief that is offered by weed. Not the physical weed itself.

15. almost 2 years once...most other times it was 6-12 months, always job related (not the job testing, just not earning enough to pay...and unable to grow..)
    over all, half my toking career I haven't even toked...

16. #16 IvGotMilk, Apr 17, 2014
    From when I was born until 15 years old so 15 years!! ;)

From 16.5 years old I smoked pretty much every day and I can probably count the days I've not smoked on my hands (5.5 years)

17. I'm proud to say I went 6 months, than went back to smoking for 3 months and than went anther 5 months without it it wasn't hard cause there was no way I could smoke I was in the hospital for 6 months than I finally got home and 3 months later ended up back in the hospital.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. I'm exactly the same as you, I depend on weed for everything. Anytime I feel sad, or mad I smoke to feel better. When I don't smoke I just feel depressed and I feel like I can't have fun unless I smoke and than do whatever I'm gonna do. I don't only smoke I have other hobbies and I get all my shit done I just like to do everything high which is really bad cause than on the rare occasion I'm dry and can't get any than I feel so down.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Psychological dependence is a form of addiction. Stop trying to sugar coat it.

Addiction is characterized as "Addiction-or compulsive drug use despite harmful consequences-is characterized by an inability to stop using a drug; failure to meet work, social, or family obligations; and, sometimes (depending on the drug), tolerance and withdrawal.

There are certainly people who use weed and fit that criteria.

20. been smoking for 10+ years.... there were times it was hard to go a day without it, now that i'm older, i take regular tbreaks... once every few months i'll take 2 weeks, cold turkey... it's uncomfortable of course..anyone who says pot has no addictive, even physical, effects, is a damn liar.... i've got plenty of experience with withdrawal from all sorts of unmentionables, and pot, pot's is COMPLETELY MILD, it's really nothing but some sweating, some nausea, and feeling like your going to die of boredom... but it IS there...

i smoke daily, 1-2g a day of high quality, when i stop feeling like im getting as high as i'd like i just put it down....do something else, drink or something if ya have to when it gets too hard...