What the ... Is wrong with her and can she recover?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tk86high, Mar 6, 2013.

1. What the ... Is wrong with her and can she recover ?

3 weeks old
    Watering 2 times a week
    1 shot of nutrients on 2nd week.
    Strain sour diesel .

Thanks

image-2435042379.jpg

image-3964533767.jpg

2. Overwatering, underwatering, transplant shock, new light/too close, poor drainage?

3. Maybe,no,no,no,no.
    But can it recover if it is overwatering ?

4. Yes it can, will happen pretty quick once it starts to dry out. I also notice the leaves are clawing slightly, maybe too much nutes (nitrogen) too fast?

5. I wouldn't think so unless the soil is nut burning her . I was thinking to pull her . But if u think she can recover ill give it another week .

6. man I must be doing sumthing wrong if thats three weeks

7. First of all what kind of soil are you using? type of lights? What kind of nutrients did you use @ week 2 and how much? Did you pH the nutrient solution?

8. Soil is just some basic soil for green plants , light veggie stage is 400w mh . Nutrients was 6-3-4 half normal dosage . PH is fine . Only thing i can think of is this plant doesn't like lots of water as my other girls do.

9. She needs air and a growers pot with a proper amt of holes in the bottom. The pretty pots are rarely good for actual growing, they are fine for keeping.
    First off when you water are you measuring? If you are quit it.
    Second when you water wash it good soak her down and wait til she slightly wilts like lettuce does. When she gets dry soak her You are having a couple deficiency problems caused by poor watering practice. Use the weight of the pot to be sure it the thoroughly wet then on the way to dry. SIPs are good for them to do it on their own and keep perfect moisture content but that is hard to do when it is us trying to keep schedule. As she grows she requires more. As she gets root bound it is harder to get uptake and for the water to soak in.
    You should always have good airflow on your plants, it affects uptake so the plants should always have some vibration w/o flapping in the wind.
    good luck:wave:

10. #10 Doc-J, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    Looks like way too much nitrogen. The extremely dark green leaves and claw hooks are a sign of over fertilization. Looks to also have over watering or soil compaction issues.

11. Your soil doesn't have enough drainage, add more perlite next grow.

Also your burning em...that clawing in new growth is from Nitrogen

I would like to second fayn's suggestion on designer pots.....THEY SUCK ASS FOR HORTICULTURE!

It's taken me 5 years to get my mother to swap out her pretty pots for smart pots(she's a form before function person).... she just sets the SPs inside the designer clay pots like an insert now. Now she bitches they grow too fast.:mad:

12. She'll recover fine. Sour is a pain in the ass to grow well. I had a few a couple grows ago and one of em did this exact same thing. As long as the leafs don't turn hard and start to crumble you'll be fine. Sometimes they just do weird shit. It could just be the plant is a weirdo

13. This women is cray don't listen to a word she says. JK FAY. You won't get better advice she knows her shit and she's like the nicest friggin person on gc

14. Yes I totally agree . I think the seed was just bad has she had 3 starter leafs instead of the normal 2. Then started forming all weird like I contacted DinaFem and they sent me a free diesel replacement that ill try to grow during summer .
    Thanks .

15. They are individuals, treat them like individuals. Water when they ask and it is probably not at the same times but it mights be.:wave:

If it is too much N a good flush would be to your advantage. It isn't how much water you put on that kills them it is putting it on too often and now allowing air to get to the soil that will cause root rot.

16. I agree with that slowly over time I'm learning that . It sucks that each strain has its own ways of liking or disliking certain conditions . Ah , live and learn .
    Thanks

17. :poke::poke::poke:
    no no no that isn't the way it goes, 2 clones off the same mother or the same strain seed, they might be identical twins and want everything the same but don't you think it for one lousy second.
    Many factors play a role in how a plant uses what is available and how. Move a plant 14 " and you have a new environment. You gotta be thinking of all aspects. What is instinct for the plant what happens when you confine the roots and direct the food instead of it finding it's way naturally. Truth is they are much more beautiful when we grow them most times than they are in nature. Nature is a brutal beast.:ey: it is true different strains have preference of environment and that is the environment we plan to provide. Also think in say the Mountains of Afghanistan. 500 feet up is a whole new environment so the plant adapts to that one area perhaps is shadier and the sun sets earlier, water may gather there. On the other side of the hill blazing hot and dry. That's how nature provides us strong phenos w/o us. Those that tough out the conditions they land in are those that produce. Just the same as men.:D
    Take the grow room where we play god and make the sun moon and stars :cool: the happiness and healthiness of the plant is based on our ability to "read" the plant so we can provide just as it would for itself if it were not in captivity. Now we have control and we manipulate the genes to get what we want out of it. No longer is nature determining what is what with how it adapts. :smoking::smoking::smoking: I'm pretty stoned obviously.:wave: