What the internet will be like soon... and how easy we'll be to keep tabs on.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheOceanInside, May 24, 2011.

1. #1 TheOceanInside, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    first read this short summary of what the Web 3.0 is going to be like, and then take a moment and think about it

HowStuffWorks "How Web 3.0 Will Work"

this is creepy. it'll slowly learn about us? does that mean that something like Google (or google itself) will basically have a simple and easy way of knowing everyone from their google searches.

idk... just throwin' thoughts out there. it seems plausible at the very least :hippie:

EDIT: i realize this should go in silicone valley, but i feel general is a better fit because of the government sheit.

2. Google already does, dude. Just look at Chrome and your web history if you have a google account.

Also, consider this.

[​IMG]

3. ^HAHAHAHAHA that's AWESOME man! +rep :smoke:

and really? sheit... well, all the same, Web 3.0 will be handy as fuck

4. That's the webcomic xkcd. Check it out if you've not seen it before. Great comic.

5. stumble upon already does that kinda..just pays attention to what we like and provides more like it....

6. People can severly get fucked over from this..

If you search how to make a homemade bomb cause you want to blow up an bee hive or something then the comp might contact your local pd and label you as a terrorist and such, same goes with if you search anything that has to do with doing something illegal like growing

7. im in a very pensive mood... think about the future and what's in store for us.... things are getting interesting blades.

8. i agree things will change fast soon

9. lmao March 1997, that's when Biggie got killed :smoke:

10. its like how the facebook ads on the right aide of your screen shows ads for stuff you've been searching etc

11. and what you write in your status... i said "i wish i knew some virtuoso guitar players" and immediately the adds changed to a guitar fan page and something else, maybe an add for guitar world or some shit