What the hell is wrong with these people??

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ganjaphish, Mar 10, 2002.

1. awww memories :gc_rocks: :yay:

2. Hey i am stond so forgive me (Do i need forgiveness for being stoned on this site? haha) The first story is in ft. worth and i live in dallas lemme tell you man People ALWAYS are CONSTANTLY wrecking on 635 , i didnt read the whole story though. and i didnt even oen the second story, goodbye peoples

3. what happened in the first case? I googled it but cant find anything more recent then 03

4. Sorry for the cut & paste, but its an interesting read.

"The incident occurred on October 26, 2001 when Mallard's car struck him; at the time Mallard was believed to have been driving while intoxicated by drugs and alcohol. The force of the impact sent Biggs flying through the windshield, lodging him there.

Mallard then drove home, leaving the injured Biggs stuck in her windshield, and parked her car in her garage. She then went inside, and is rumored to have had sex with her boyfriend. Biggs' body was discovered the following morning.

After the accident Mallard did not notify the police nor did she get Biggs any medical attention, even though she was a former nurse's aide.[1] When Biggs died an unknown number of hours later, still in the windshield of her car in her garage, she called a male friend, Clete Jackson, for assistance. Mallard, Jackson, and Jackson's cousin Herbert Tyrone Cleveland, took the body to a park and left it there, even going so far as to set fire to part of the car in an attempt to disguise the evidence. The three were each convicted on charges of tampering with evidence for this action.[2]

Mallard became a suspect after she was reported talking and laughing about the incident at a party some four months after the events.[3] "I hit this white man," Mallard allegedly told acquaintance Maranda Daniel, laughing.[4] During the trial, Tarrant County Medical Examiner Nizam Peerwani testified that, had Mallard taken Biggs to a hospital, he would have recovered from his injuries. Other experts testified that they agreed that Biggs would have survived. "There's not a member of the Fort Worth Fire Department that could not have saved Mr. Biggs' life," testified Capt. Jim Sowder.[2] Mallard was convicted of murder in June 2003, with the 50-year murder sentence and 10-year tampering sentence to run concurrently. She will be eligible for parole in 2027.

Mallard's case would later be adapted as an episode of the CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ("Anatomy of a Lye", aired May 2, 2002) and also as an episode of Law & Order ("Darwinian", aired January 7 2004[5] - though the driver is allowed to plead guilty to obstruction of justice after an autopsy reveals that the accident was not the cause of the fatal head injury). The case is referenced briefly in the Drawn Together episode "Captain Hero's Marriage Pact" and in a parody song on the Russ Martin Show. Films inspired by the events include Stuck (2007, with Mena Suvari and Stephen Rea), and Accident on Hill Road (2009, with Celina Jaitley and Farooque Shaikh.)"
    Chante Jawan Mallard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia