What the hell is wrong with the world.

Discussion in 'General' started by joe123, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obviously. Did you see the last thing I added in there? About the 12 year olds that are killing themselves over what someone said to them on Facebook? We're having crazy unheard of weather conditions, storms that are killing hundreds and thousands of people worldwide at random. We have our children idolizing rappers and musicians that they shouldn't be idolizing. We have mothers who obviously killed their baby girl, going free...and violent crimes are rising based on someones sexual orientation/skin color/beliefs, etc. Of course, these things will happen and HAVE happened before. But you cant tell me that this World isn't fucked up. We're in for a HUGE change in the next 50-100 years, something epic... believe that, if anything.

2. Um, okay... please go to bed. Interpreting your emotion? I actually didn't read everything that you wrote (because I dont care enough), just got the gist. And I told you how I felt about it. And it wasn't directed to just you, but to everyone. YOU obviously didnt "interpret my emotion" or whatever... and I don't care, because like I said, this is the internet.

Let me "cloud your intentions with my own frustration" some more, k?

3. Relax, man i know your probably baked out of your mind and thinking deep, but in reality it is virtually impossible to get 7 billion people to agree on one thing. It's because (some)Humans are just too intelligent and selfish.

4. Implying the above examples make up a large percentage of population.

Society changes as it grows. This is not a new concept.

@bolded: Where is your evidence for this 'epic' speculation?

5. #85 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No it doesn't say "as it doesn't interfere with my law first". The separation wasn't as strong during the establishment of our government, but it's clearly discernable since the arbiters found their voices. Also, no where in those verses could I find where it says to stone gay people to death. It says something like that in the first one, but nothing about who puts them to death. lol I would assume it would be God. It doesn't say for YOU to put them to death, it says they will be. Isn't God supposed to be the one speaking there since it's his word?

6. wugwan knows wuts up

7. #87 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Looks like you need to go to bed. :confused_2: This obviously isn't the discussion for you, like I've been suggestion and is now apparently obvious. Just relax dude. Just the Internet like you said..,

8. I think most of it could be summed up by a few words:

the power struggle

Though it's up to you to apply it to all the wicked agenda of men.

9. Do I need evidence? Where is your evidence that a big change isn't coming? Have you not noticed fucked up shit over the last 10 or so years? You'll turn on the news and hear about how Lindsay Lohan just got drunk again, or how Drew Barrymore just named her baby Apple, THAT'S on the news?

If you don't think something epic is going to happen, a revolution of some sort, of even a falling out, then by all means, go ahead and think that, but don't speculate my opinion as being untrue based on what YOU believe. Again, this is another one of those "we can debate till we are blue in the face, but were not actually accomplishing anything" moments.

10. Power struggle, ego, the desire for material possessions, the denial of mortality, lust for money, need for dominance.. yeah...

11. I'm not the one claiming that there is something going to happen without definite proof, you just took the cop out with your "prove nothing will happen"

You just backed yourself into a corner, and I expect some more opinionated bullshit, without answering the question.

This is not one of those debates, I am simply asking a question you are too uneducated to answer.

Why would you claim something and then NOT back it up? It shows how lacking of credibility your opinion is.

Opinions can be disproved, facts matter.

12. uhh that was one of the most common ways people publicly executed. or a burning. mainly it says they should die then are going to hell. the method of their execution was up to the general population i guess.

13. #93 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Just because you aren't accomplishing anything doesn't mean others aren't by seeking out and testing other's/their own ideas. Some people use discussions and debates as tools of intellect. It's easiest done without too much tension and emotion though.

14. Oh my god, I guess this isn't the discussion for me, fuck what am I going to do?

You're saying "this isn't the discussion for you" because you don't agree with what I'm saying/nor understanding, which is what I touched on earlier. Another classic example of being self entitled, and believing your opinion is on a pedestal. That's the problem with the world right there.

15. i like how the very first thing op says in this is "why do we fight?" and we turned it into a argument thread

16. LOL, it's easy to ask a question.... you don't have to be educated to ask questions. I simply asked you the same question, to which you clearly have no answer, thus being guilty of what I'm doing. Yes?

17. #97 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    It's still a sin to disobey the law of the land and what ever happened to the 10 commandments and that one about killing? Why follow certain rules in the Bible and not others?

18. And the thing is, I totally agree with you about all the Bible stuff. I wasn't trying to say that I think you're wrong, just some things that I wanted to chime in on.

19. #99 Kushjob, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2011
    Let's map this out.

Your logic: Irrelevant things going on in the media, therefor 50-100 years something EPIC will happen.

My logic: The above does not give enough evidence to support your claim, making it a fallacy.

You are dancing around, you cannot answer a question, I just gave you mine.

Let's hear yours pal.

pic related
    [​IMG]

20. #100 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    No I'm saying this isn't the discussion for you because you're getting all butt hurt over the fact that these are opinions and we're discussing them. You're entirely incorrect in your assessment of my reasoning and I do NOT hold my opinion up on a pedestal. You just need to toke, relax, and join the rest of us in discussion and quit trying to turn it into a fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.