What the hell is wrong with the world.

Discussion in 'General' started by joe123, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. because it will take a long ass time to change everyones beliefs and points of view which is what you have to do to attain something like world peace?. and werent you guys saying the world is fucked and if we dont change soon were all doomed? and i thought we were talking about global peace. and people in the south still belive it will rise again and differentiate themselves from "Yankees". your hopes of world peace isnt very realistic, but good luck with that.

and yes disagreements lead to wars they go hand in hand. disagreements are what lead people to kill eachother and do other horrendous shit.

2. #42 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    You don't have to change anyone's beliefs. You just have to teach non-violence, tolerance, and acceptance. Disagreements can lead to wars when ignorance and violence are introduced while non-violence, tolerance, and acceptance are forgotten. War is not necessary and disagreements can happen without war.

3. who are you to say someones beliefs are wrong and you are right?there are definatly more selfish people in the world cause of poverty and they arent fuckin multi billionaires like bill gates. boycotting will not solve problems like religious extreamism and hatred.

that dumbass statment almost made me leave this thread

4. yes but like i said there are beliefs that dont allow tolerence or acceptence. so you do have to change beliefs.

5. #45 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    You aren't understanding what I'm saying. You can be tolerant and accept the fact that others have different beliefs without having to accept their beliefs. No one believes in blind intolerance towards everyone, so what you're saying isn't really an issue.

6. #46 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    You need to leave this site if you're going to lower yourself to being disrespectful like that.

7. ah i see what you did there. since people dont know how to act tell us how we need to live prophet

8. We need more people like Carl Sagan on this planet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw[/ame]

"At this moment, here we face a critical branch-point in the history. What we do with our world, right now, will propagate down through the centuries and powerfully affect the destiny of our descendants. It is well within our power to destroy our civilization, and perhaps our species as well. If we capitulate to superstition, or greed, or stupidty we can plunge our world into a darkness deeper than time between the collapse of classical civilization and the Italian Renaissaince. But, we are also capable of using our compassion and our intelligence, our technology and our wealth, to make an abundant and meaningful life for every inhabitant of this planet. To enhance enormously our understanding of the Universe, and to carry us to the stars." - Carl Sagan

9. i dont think your understanding what im saying. yes that is true, but when a belief doesnt tolerate, you have to change the belief, cause thats the enitre premise of the beilef is not tolerating that thing.. no, not intolerance to everyone but certain things which would effect alot of people.

10. #50 InhaledGold, Aug 9, 2011
    Agreed. I checked up on this because i saw you were still posting. This guy just doesnt understand. Or maybe he does and hes upset about it so he has to use insults.

11. #51 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    Give an example because I've never heard of anyone believing in blind intolerance like that. lol Are you talking about people with mental disorders or something?

12. oh im sorry your right. we just need to get the mass of people to realize that the things they believe in are wrong and make them believe what we think so the world can be one and everthing will be a-ok.

which goes agaisnt the things you were trying to tell me like you dont need to change what people think

13. O im sorry since when could you count how many selfish people are on the earth?

lmao, who are you to call my statement dumb? You said some retarded shit yourself if i must say.

Boycotting sure solved many problems, but your right it cant solve religious extremism and hatred. But what can is accepting differences. They might not accept mine but i sure accept theres. America went wrong with the muslim extremist because he called the invasion afghanistan another crusade, and many other reasons that can date back to WW1...

If I was in charge my great nation would have a place for everyone, no one isnt allowed. What im trying to say is that even though they dont agree with my views they are still accepted in my views. You dont have to resort to violence or propaganda at all to change peoples minds, when you can have just as much success with words and actions.

14. #54 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    I don't believe you're worth discussing this with anymore. Now you're just being nonsensical and putting things in my mouth that I'm not proposing. If you can't hold your own in a discussion with misconstruing what others are saying, you need to read up more on the subject.

15. you guys are making me run in circles with the point im trying to get across and its fuckin frustrating

how about the religious intolerence in israel, pakistan, alot of the middle east, the hate of gays around alot of the world, things like racism which is still live and kickin, and the many hate groups like the kkk and others like them. neo nazi numbers still seem to be doing ok.

16. Well this thread went to shit

17. [quote name='joe123']I cant change anyones mind, but i can sure as hell try. Once people realize that there beliefs are wrong and going to be the destruction of themselves any right minded man would change. QUOTE]

i guess you didnt say that but your home boy did so i classified it under the same side.

i would find more examples but im tired lets just agree to disagree and end this shit. im done as well.

18. #58 Verdurous, Aug 9, 2011
    That's just a lack of tolerance and acceptance. People don't want to accept there are other religions out their because thy want to believe theirs is the only one you could believe in. People fear what is different from them. If you teach them that it's really nothing to fear, then tolerance and acceptance is easily achieved. Their beliefs don't require that they be intolerant, that's just their personal misconstruance (not a word; I'm tired) of their own beliefs. Those examples are still the people I've been including in my argument. You just aren't grasping my ideas, apparently.

I have to sleep. I'm out.

19. Do you realize only 2% of muslims are extremists... Islam is actully a pretty peacefull religion. Gay marriage is being accepted more every year, more states continue to legalize it. The KKK is sure as hell nothing like they used to be, sure there a bunch of ignorant white supremists but at least there not murdering like they used to. Slowly the world will begin to Reform just like how blacks became free people and Woman were given rights.

Hatred will always exist, because lets face it we all hate something. But its how you deal with the hatred that matters. Like Kenjamin said, acceptance and tolerance.

20. that is excatly what i was trying to say. thats what i mean, when your entire reality comes from a belief your not gonna just accept. thats what i mean in a belief. its not as easy as just saying "oh just be tolerant" if the bible thumper BELIEVES homosexuality is a product of the devil and they are going to hell for sinning. and yes the belief says to be intolerant, its more like peoples misconstucture to accept and be tolerant. im grasping your ideas im just not sure your getting mine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.