What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by giebig, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Hi everyone!

So I started my first indoor grow 6 weeks ago and everything is going smoothly. About 2 weeks ago my dad found 2 old mistery seeds and I decided to plant them because I have enough space.
    They germinated and sprouted fine, but the first leaves look very strange, almost mutated. They're growing at a normal speed and seem healthy otherwise.

Anyone know what this is? I don't live close to a nuclear power plant or anything...;)

IMG_20121224_003321.jpg

Thanks a bunch guys, have a great Christmas and toke on :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Probably just a genetic mutation, they may or may not make it, depending on the severity of the mutation. I don't waste my time on them

3. my guess would be that its a result of long/inadequate storage of the seeds... I had some of equally unknown origin this year, they were even more crippled in the beginning (some took a few weeks to develop an apical bud out of some weird fuzzy spot between the first true leaves which were horribly deformed), but they outgrew it later, after a few nodes the new growth looked normal.

4. Yeah that's possible because they are 4-5 years old. Also they're starting to look a bit more normal now. And these also had huge fuzzy spots on the first true leaves I was afraid it was some damn fungus...

Hopefully they can recover, it isn't looking to grim for them now.

5. i have come across this a few times over the years, they all have outgrown it without any apparant problems