What the hell is this little crazy plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kbfl0912, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Hi guys. I have two plants, this particular one came from a bag....the only see in the bag and I was anxious to germinate....which it did. The original bag it came from had a strong smell of cucumbers.

Can anyone identify the strain? It is very, very short, bushy and compact.

It is 4 weeks old too....growing under 8 T5's.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Wow, that's insane. Could it be a lowryder possibly?

3. I don't have a clue if it is lowryder. I am not that experienced and have just never seen anything start out like this. There is almost no vertical growth. It is just very bushy and the leaves are soft and thick.

I was hoping someone had seen something like this before. The lights are basically sitting on top of it because there are no heat issues w/ the T5's.

I will see what happens and keep updating pics.

It looks healthy though, right?

Thanks.

4. Looks really neat whatever it is :cool:

5. Holy crap, it looks like it has 5 or 6 growth tips! Dude, you gotta keep a grow journal on this one. I want to see how it goes.

Also, how close do you have the light to it?

6. It started out really small and I believe I accidentally fimmed it instead of topping it at the very beginning. So, I agree, I think it does have multiple growth tips. It is just to compact that I can't get in there to see without damaging the little stems.

The lights are about two inches from the plant.

I will keep a grow journal. Where do I do that? I am new to the site.

Thanks!

7. What size pot is that? I had something similar happen to one of my Northern Lights plants.. Most i started in small pots and progressed to bigger pots.. One, for whatever reason, I started in a 3 gallon pot and it grew very squat and close to the ground but very lush.. The leaves were huge also compared to the others..

8. It is just a pot that I found in my garage. I think it is about a 3 gallon. I currently have two plants. One is the pictured one above and the other is some unknown strain, but looks pretty normal. Actually both are unknow strains and very, very different.

My other is in a 5 gallon and this one will be transplanted today into a 5 gallon.

I am having problems with the soil in the other one, so both are going into 5 gallon buckets with fox farm ocean forest soil today.

The little one above is probably about 2" high and about 4" wide. The undergrowth is extreme for some reason and as stated above, it does appear to have multiple growth tips. I will update pics.

9. Thats how mine was... here is a pic and you can see the difference.. the leaves were much broader and bigger but it was squat compared with the others but it grew FAST...

Attached Files:

• nl4.jpg
      nl4.jpg
      File size:
      105.4 KB
      Views:
  10. compared to..... this one which is a week older

Attached Files:

• NL3.jpg
      NL3.jpg
      File size:
      117.8 KB
      Views:
  11. What strain is it?

12. they are all northern lights

13. I just transplanted both of mine into FF. I hope I didn't stress them out too much. The soil they were in was way, way to thick. So, we will see. I will post updated pics after I see what happens. Thanks for all your comments. They help since this is only my second grow and my first one was cut short.

14. well uh first off u need to go ut and buy some bigger pots... otherwise you're goin to kill you're plants if you leave them in their for too long... mine were rooting like fuck after 3 weeks....

i bought a Big pot and transplanted today...

(click link below to see)

15. They are in 5 gallon buckets. That is plenty big.

16. You can keep a grow journal here. Just update it with pics and progress every few days or so.

If you let that light up just 2 or 3 inches it will eventually elongate the branches a little. But if you don't want to do that just keep going how have been.

17. My boy, a fairly experienced grower, told me that if your plant grows looking like cabbage, then u may have overfertilized, but that normally occurs with some burnt leaves. Do any of your leaves seem burnt?? if so u might want to flush your soil. if not keep up the gud work :cool:

18. No, there are no burned leaves. They are a nice green. The small, small leaves underneath all of the top growth are a little yellow, but not burned. I am blaming the yellowing to lack of light from the bush on top. I will post a new pic tomorrow. It looks like a little tree.

19. looks like a mutant! i had a clone look like that. after a month or so it started to look more "norml". either way that's a cool looking plant you have there.

20. I have a 4' 8 bulb T5 set up. They are very close to the plants. Right now I have a mixture of the warm and cool bulbs (6500 & 3000)...during veg, should I have all of one color bulb or is the broad spectrum of the mixture bettter? Thanks.