What the hell is the point of an ice pinch bowl?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by duckdown, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hey all, just a question. My new SGW inline came with an ice pinch bowl. I did not take a picture of it but similar in idea to this

[​IMG]

I don't understand what the hell the point of this is. Ashes and residue from bowls I'm hitting always get plugged up here, and they never pull cleanly through, and after almost every bowl I've got to spend time poking the ashes or leftover crap out of the bowl.

Just curious on what the hell the purpose of these stupid things are?

sorry for the rant :smoking: :wave:

2. Erm... I'm pretty sure thats not an ice pinch...

Fairly sure those act like a built in glass screen.

3. It's for increased airflow and is perfect for draggy setups. It does require routine cleaning, but that's a good habit anyway.

Nice pickup too homey!

4. The point is for superb airflow! IMHO it is a little harder to milk, but they are perfect for quick snaps. I won't go back to a regular bowl as the airflow isn't anywhere near what an ice pinch is.

But they can be annoying just pack a lot in there and don't worry about it being clogged, mine never gets clogged. ( toro ice pinch).

But I can understand how they are annoying.

5. The point it is has like zero drag, all airflow, it's amazing. It can also kind of act as a screen.
    There are also disk diffused slides which are similar.

6. yeah i put a toro ice oinch side on my sheldon, and i freekin love it, have not used my stock bowl since. i find that they defi cut drag ALOT. cant see how you woud not like that:confused::confused_2:.

7. Those are "ice pinch" style indents on the slide

8. I think it helps the bowl burn more evenly with less stirring as well

9. im not sure if i would like ice pinches bowls, i would be scared that the entire bowl would just drop in the water before i burned it.

10. I find that I get nowhere near the ash as I do with a regular push bowl. And if the pinches are too close together then it can be a bitch to clean.

11. #11 diagnosedashigh, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    well i have a regular EHLE bowl that came with my 250ml and i just use this and it works perfect http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/weed_star_gauze_long.jpg

but ive seriously been thinking of getting a real nice slider but im not sure.

for cleaning a ice pinch bowl i would just dump it with iso and salt easy fix. i may need to get one. just scared to dish out like 40$ on one. especially because i was thinking about getting a SYN

12. disc diffused slide>ice pinch slide>regular slide

13. what makes disc diffused better?

14. more holes..allowing better flow, same concept pretty much

15. Not sure on what disc diffused bowls are. I will google that, sounds interesting :)

16. ive seen both of them. from what i understood ice pinches was better but maybe not. either way i dont fully understand how they work so well. i would think that everything would just fall through.

17. here is my disc diffused. no everything doesnt fall thru.

[​IMG]

18. Your bud hasn't been Flushed and cured properly.

Pot should burn to the point where it turns to a fine grey ash. If its not burning completely or leaving a "charcoal brick", then it hasn't been processed as well as it could have been.

If your Pot did burn completely, then the ice pinch bowl would allow much greater airflow, and a faster pull (therefore less drag), with less chance of sucking the bud into your bong before it was burnt properly (fuck I hate it when that happens)

19. if i ever bought one i would put a metal screen in the stem just to catch anything that did fall through

20. yeah i sometimes do that but most of the time just load on top of that.