What the hell?!?! Help please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Thehighsupply, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Ok so I topped my plants yesterday (they didn’t bulge at the fork) 41F3E07A-8FC7-41DB-892A-ACF01B1951A2.jpeg 41F3E07A-8FC7-41DB-892A-ACF01B1951A2.jpeg ACCD8A8D-22AF-4AC5-ACC8-E52F677C9856.jpeg and I come in today to see this.....what the hell. The only thing I’ll say is the water is a tad low (time to make a fresh batch of nutes) and it was a bit hot (nothing outside of 25 deg and 50 humid) I’ve got my new nutes, pesticide (organic oil stuff) and ph testing as well....,any ideas?

Also....IS HE GONNA MAKE IT DOC?!?!??!? (Had to throw that one out there).

Any ideas would be really helpful thanks in advance my bros.

2. I would be more worried about all the other problems than the topping like the wilting the burn And all the other problems.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes that’s what’s worrying me....the wilting and burn.

4. At that stage I would be giving 1/4 strength nutes with a little bit of Calmag... also making sure the Ph Is on point... what light you using do you have fans? How often do you water... what soil or coco are you using and what nutes

5. The lights are led and cfl, but i have a fan up top getting the circulation going, exhaust fun running with cold air intake around the base so it can keep the lower level cool. The nutes were the shitty ones that came with the beginning hydro kit. I shit you not my ph, nutes and pesticide gear is arriving tomorrow so the timing is fucked. That’s why I let the water go down a little lower than normal because even though I mixed in water...there’s some sediment in the tank so I could flush it all out and give it a good clean before putting fresh nutrient water in there.

Soil is 50/50 perlite/vermiculite

This has happened in the last 24hrs (which is why I mentioned the topping) so is it dehydration or could it be an overdose of nutrients? I actually went weaker on the nutes to prevent killing the little things.

6. Naturally when the water level goes down you will get a super high concentrate of nutes so if you don't know what PH the water level is id top it up with just plain water for now until you know... drinking lots of water the PH lowers and the EC goes mental... look up your local water supply online and should tell you the PH then you can gauge from there.. lucky your taters are coming tomorrow... but for now I'd just feed with some plain water then go from there and get some proper nutes

7. No probs man thanks for that. Taters? You mean pH or nutrient?

I’ll probably give them a direct water rather than just in the tank, I’m actually worried about them XD XD

As far as the water it’s higher levels of cal and mag/mang as it’s town water I checked the supply last night, I honestly had no idea this shit could happen so fast!!!!!

8. Now thinking about it I'm talking about growing in hydro man you are in soil and I'm half drunk... someone with some soil growing experience can chime in... but yeah get those testers and get on top of it bro

• Like Like x 1
  9. I’m growing full hydro bro

10. Sorry may bad I meant DWC is what I grew in.. but it's the same princables In all growing man.. something is really off I'm guessing PH and either getting lock out or burn from nutes..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks man serious question can they recover from this?

12. 2 plants in one pot could be an issue as they are fighting for whatever you give them...

13. I nornally dont start topping or trimming until they are larger. Larger stem diameter. I grow in soil but have found that younger plants dont take well to it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for that I’ll make sure they’re a little bigger before I go topping them. Is it going to stop them making double colas?

15. You hit the nail on the head bro. I’ve got a 250w HPS setup coming in the next day or so. Once that’s on I’ll switch out the CFL and LED. Thanks for the link I’ll be checking it out tonight but for now I have to do a heap of Work pesticide and ph and nute wise

16. That link is just my signature.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

17. It should be ok, i dont think it will stop anything but it just hard on a plant so u want to be careful not to stress to young of a plant. I let my stalks get about half the thickness of a sharpie and i bend and crack the main shoot, not cut it off just break it so it can heal. I support tje broken main so it can heal. I do that so i can get several mains. Pic below shows end result. Works good man.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just for future grows don’t have two plants in one pot, the roots will get intertwined and mess your plants up! One seed per pot my man.
    Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Thanks for that, to be honest the growth has seemed to have stopped so I’m hoping the nutrient change, ph and getting rid of those damn whiteflys will do the trick.