what the hell happened to our privacy??

Discussion in 'General' started by tokinbud420, Mar 4, 2010.

1. I saw a commercial for this shit this morning.

What's the problem with it? People should be able to do background checks...

2. It's not like they are getting a full file of all of your personal information. I'm not seeing a huge problem with this, and it certainly isn't any sort of new developement by any means.

3. its public record anyway isnt it? its nothing that private technically.

4. If your 18 years old, all of your arrests are public record bro. check you sunday newspaper every week and you can see who got thrown in the slammer.

5. yea i kno but..eh idk i was pissed about somethin when i made this thread..im gonna go smoke a bowl and chill out..mad stressed..sorry all

6. id have to agree that this is fucked up. its designed for businesses to check employees but anyone can get ahold of it and thats a problem. btw love the magic schoolbus sig i was just thinking about how high the people who made that show mustve been

7. Background checks are common. Especially when investments are concerned. People who are doing business with you and putting their name, their money and in some cases their careers on the line have every right to know if the person they are investing with has a criminal record, declared bankruptcy, etc.

In many province's in Canada (I'm pretty sure it's all, but I'm not 100% so I'll stick with many) landlords are able to check an individual's credit score as well as determine their gross income before entering into a rental agreement.