What the hell am I doing wrong ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by satellte, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Got a NL in a DP90 tent, have had it since last November and it's still tiny, it's had nothing but PH water steady 76 temp fan blowing inside and air extraction fan installed, lights are 4 x 30 6400k cfls, why won't it get any decent size on it ?

Is there such a thing as a duff plant that is no good ? I have grown auto in the garden before & had no problem.

Should I just chop it & get some new beans & start over ? Pictures to follow

Please help me

2. Oops forgot to mention I fed it once hence the burn on the leaves.

3. Pics of a very stubby short plant

Attached Files:

• 203.jpg
      203.jpg
      File size:
      210 KB
      Views:
    • 204.jpg
      204.jpg
      File size:
      195.4 KB
      Views:
    • 205.jpg
      205.jpg
      File size:
      270.1 KB
      Views:
  4. What kind of soil is it in? And what is your runoff pH?

5. Some dude had this happen with a dinafem feminized white widow look it up, they were joking calling it a bonsai tree, maybe trim some lower gross leaves tie some branches down and try to get some light on those stems, the stalk looks great

6. The soil is JI no1 runoff I'm not sure, but has has ph water added.

7. That is really weird man...that thing has downs syndrome.

8. if you somehow get this thing to bloom later on .. and if its male... save the pollen. Would be great for experimenting. See what kind of frankenstein you can make! mwahahahahaha

9. Seriously, it looks like a marijuana tree.

10. "JOHN INNES POTTING COMPOST No.1 - for pricking out or potting-up young seedlings or rooted cuttings. This composts has a carefully balanced nutrient content to suit most young plants."

The soil you're using probably had enough nutes to last 2-3 weeks for seedlings/clones. And you have only fed it once since November. I would transplant into better soil and start feeding it regularly.

11. man, you probably got too much light, if your using more then one, try turning them off one at a time, possibly adding too much nutes if your doing that. i dont really know. maybe try putting a peice of plastic inbetween the lights and the plant. let me know how it works out, you definetly got a fat stem there.

12. Thanks for all the input, should I just kill and start over ?

I wouldnt mind if it was all stretched & stringy but it's rubbish

13. dont cut it up. That is defiantly going to give your at least a 1/8th of some dank, and its a learning experience. If this is your first grow then hold it out. You might as well have 1 not so good grow and learn what is needed to have an amazing 2nd grow.

14. Personally, I'd keep it as a house plant.

I know it's probably frustrating for you, but I just think it looks so damn cool.

15. If you have space grow it out as an experiment you've nothing to lose and you could be surprised .

16. I'll switch it to 12/12 I think and see what she gives me.

17. [quote name='"WasntMeh"']dont cut it up. That is defiantly going to give your at least a 1/8th of some dank, and its a learning experience. If this is your first grow then hold it out. You might as well have 1 not so good grow and learn what is needed to have an amazing 2nd grow.[/quote]

This is my first indoor grow I have grown autos in the garden & they were massive in comparison.

I'm all up for another grow but I don't know where I'm going wrong, could it be just bad genetics ?

18. [quote name='"WasntMeh"']dont cut it up. That is defiantly going to give your at least a 1/8th of some dank, and its a learning experience. If this is your first grow then hold it out. You might as well have 1 not so good grow and learn what is needed to have an amazing 2nd grow.[/quote]

I'm up for another grow but I don't know where I'm going wrong, could it be bad genetics ?

19. bad genetics? doubt it.
    it looks like that plant is suffering due to lack of oxygen, did you aerate the soil? did you add perlite? in the pic it looks like soil only, which will compact down more and more after each watering and not allow the roots to get oxygen. also the roots will become water logged, the plant needs drainage.

All of these things lead to very slow growth, to almost no growth.

If you'd like to salvage this plant, re-pot it with alot of perlite mixed with your soil.

20. SickyTea thank you I think you have identified the problem.

The soil does have a little vermaculate but I guess it's not good enough.

I'm gonna repot tonight as the soil is nice and dry, I intend to shake as much of the root ball before repotting in fresh soil & lots of perlite in it & then see if she takes off.