What the heck is this?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dz93, May 26, 2016.

1. nute burn. what did u feed or what soil u in

2. Nutrient water is only 50ppm. Yes, 50ppm. Its a high pressure aeroponic system so my nute requirements are much less than standard *ponics. Are you sure those spots are nutrient burn? I see a bit of burn on the first picture but I'm not so sure the spots on the second picture are a burn. If it is, I'm not so sure it'd be a good idea to reduce my nutes even more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. It doesn't seem to be a deficiency I recognize but I am no expert. Bump for a guru.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. that was my next culprit when u said aeroponics.. maybe go grab some hygrozyme to clean those roots up. or if looking for a cheap alternative Peroxide (3%) diluted 4 parts to 1 per gallon can clean up any dead stuff..

5. That's odd, especially since my spray intervals are only 8 seconds every five minutes. What conditions could cause root rot? Obviously excessive water but would temperature or humidity be a huge factor? Its decently warm inside the tub and its almost always 100% humidity. I don't have an exact temperature reading, though. I'm ordering a humidity/temp sensor so I'll be able to better monitor that. Could I benefit from injecting air into the tub using a small air pump?

6. Mold loves warm, wet and dark. Unfortunately it sounds like perfect conditions for mold and fungus. I would go with bittercoldoldman.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Any suggestions for changes to my system to prevent this in the future? I'm more concerned with prevention than fixing what's already happened. But I will definitely try bittercoldoldman's suggestion.

8. if your tub temp is going over 72 then you should consider having hygrozyme or peroxide on hand at all times and do a weekly treatment... Warm water breeds fungi and bacteria. even if u cant see it its most likely the start of rot. Hygrozyme is the best product for this as it cleans up roots and ive found also stimulates new growth

9. as far as further prevention get a cheap thermometer that can be in the tub and take water temps and find a way to cool the tub if the temps get high...