What the heck is going on with my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ravinglogs, May 16, 2015.

1. #1 ravinglogs, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Strain: Red Poison Auto
    Temp: 80 degrees
    Light: 400 watt HPS with cool tube
    Water: Distilled and FF nutes during feeding
    PH: 6.5-7.0

I have googled the life out of this and have achieved nothing... i dont' know how to phrase it or what to call it.

My girl was making buds then out of nowhere starting mass producing sugar leaves... never seen anything like it. Its like layers and layers of leaves. Imagine my cola being the size of a beer bottle then suddenly doubling in size because of massive layers of sugar leaves...

They grow and then when they get about an inch long they stop growing and new ones come out on top making endless supplies of leaves... no buds.

Trichs were looking ready before this started so i started flushing and its been 2+ weeks since then but now there are hardly any trichs i can see and im debating whether to even harvest or just throw her away. [​IMG]

need anymore info about my grow just ask!
    IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG

and this is the same plant a few weeks back
    IMG_3188.JPG

2. #2 ravinglogs, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
    Thanks for the response.
    The ph is actually regulated at 6.5 but i had some problems earlier in my grow managing it and it actually got to about 9+ ph for a few weeks, so thats probably what triggered the issue? but the ph is 6.5 now and its about 2 weeks past the seed sellers "harvest reccomendation" which was 8 weeks flower... is it too late to save or can i flower it until it recoups?
    Its an auto....

Also yes i have flushed a lot with 6.5 distilled water for the past 2 weeks since i saw the issue. No feeding. I don't wanna feed because its past harvest... but it will die if i don't... im stuck between two choices. That or she dies.

3. Thanks for the advice. It has been a long journey up to this point. I unfortunately took advice from a grower that was not all smart but seemed to be, which led me to 100 degree temps, stunted growth, ridiculous PH, not to mention my state's hard water is the hardest in the nation... almost 1000 ppms measured with a TDS meter (calibrated by me in NACL)... so i had no idea. I pretty much had a tent and a light and a fan when i started :/

Since then i have bought like 10,000 ph test papers and a few meters, a cooled light, another tent, an exhause with a carbon and have done some pretty fancy breaker and ducting work :p (thank the forums)

Up to this point i simply have been managing my ph to get a runoff of around 6.5 Not so much religiously keeping it at 6.5
    The runoff is usually 6-7 and since i added dolomite lime it has been a lot happier than it was just because i think it helps regulate the ph regardless of what i water with... except my tap which is like 8.5 ph....

So humor me... Would you waste the nutes to try and revive? or is she looking pretty much dead in your opinion? I mean i don't mind how ugly it looks and maybe how harsh it tastes (im not selling) so as long as it gets me baked to help with my anxiety i will take her all the way through the cure... i just need to know if i go all this way if im actually gonna have something to smoke not a pile of dead sugar leaves :p

4. #4 ravinglogs, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    Thanks so much I love knowledge [​IMG]

Don't worry about it. Can't blame me though the internet is my entire resource for this. I love plants and tried growing a lot of stuff growing up and my parents never helped so nothing ever grew lol. I once buried strawberry seeds like 1 foot deep in my yard thinking they would sprout.... They did not. [​IMG]

Anyway, here is your info, at your request:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431815120.784512.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431815140.217748.jpg

I don't know if im allowed to post links to other forums but if you want to see the plants as they are effected look at my journal starting on page six and click through posts you will see as the damage accumulates because i was watering with tap water ph (again my tap is 8.5) its just more recently (about 2 weeks ago) i switched to ph regulated distilled water.... the damage on these plants is old not anything new. Thats why im worried about the harvest not so much about the ph...
    I got two other plants doing fantastic with the exact same conditions... they just happened to be a little younger so they didn't show ANY signs of these problems before i fixed the problem... 

Heres the link: Grow Journal

5. Tap water is perfectly fine to use on plants. You're wasting your money buying distilled water.

If this was the case then everyone's lawns and vegetable gardens would be brown and dead - no?

J

Sent from my iPhone using this frustrating Grasscity Forum App because I can't login via regular internet like I have been for years.

6. By the way, at 10 weeks cut your losses and start over. That plant will not get better.

J

Sent from my iPhone using this frustrating Grasscity Forum App because I can't login via regular internet like I have been for years.

7. Thank you for the advice. I'm just not sure this plant has that much time. Because of my environment I hardly have to water but once a week so feedings are every two weeks which is a long time which is why my nutes locked up so fast Kuz I never flushed and my tap ph.

Also my area doesn't have any gardening stores that carry supplies like this. All I have is wal mart and their selection is not good. I have to have everything shipped to me and that's how this girl got out of hand. My ph meter was saying 6.5 ph but i had to order a new one when I saw the probs in case it was off and then the other one came after like 2 weeks... And my ph meter was indeed off by 2 points (8.5).

I'll have to order this stuff but I guess she'll just have to die this time around. I'm not gonna feed her but I am gonna harvest I think. Just picked off a tiny bud and did a quick oven dry 300 degrees for 5 mins and I got a super nice high and the smoke wasn't even harsh. Still baking now :D

So at least she's smokable! That's all I wanted from her :3 I'll keep flushing until more amber trichs show up

🌳420🌳

8. #8 ravinglogs, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    I agree and have marveled at that question myself... But I'm not joking I've checked a ton of times... My tapped is messed up. It's like 13 Grains per gal which I read the avg in America is 4... It has over 1000 pppms and reads 7-9 ph varying. I watered with straight tap and then even ph altered tap and my plants withered into corpses as you can see by the pics. :p I'll just buy an RO system... I wanted to anyway. The water contaminants here are 28... Most water has 10 or less. It's so bad my sister was like throwing up and getting sick and shit and once she started buying bottled spring she healed.
    It's intense 0.o

Omg thanks for answering that xD that was something I really needed.

🌳420🌳