What the heck happened

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Waterblast101, Nov 22, 2017.

1. I'm not sure what's going on with my plants. They started dropping lower leaves about 2 weeks ago and now they are curling up and dying. About 2 days ago the top of one started turning brown. They are about 40 days into flower under 2 300w leds in a 2x4 room with a 4" inline fan running 24/7. Temp is around 75f Water ph 7 soil 7. Planted in 3 gallon pots with amended "super soil"
    These are my first indoor plants and second grow. Any help would be appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

2. Take pics under natural lighting. To much blurple to see what's goin on

3. Possible severe potassium deficiency. Hard to tell without knowing how dark green the color is from that pic. What is the ph of the feed water? Did you mix any drainage promoting material like perlite?

4. what are you feeding them?

5. Sorry for the late response.
    I've only been giving them some kelp juice and fish fertilizer mixed with the water maybe once a week. Half a cup of molasses with about 3 gallons of water every couple weeks. The soil has been feeding them really well so far. This was really sudden. I'm wondering if my lights were too close and it started to cook them. They were about 13" away from the top. I've moved them up to 25" and my Durban poison seems to have perked up just in the last couple hours. The green crack still isn't looking very happy but it's taken quite a bit of damage. Not sure if it will ever recover.
    The brown is only on the top and outer edge of the frost leaves on some of the buds. The rest are fine. I peeled The cola open a bit and it looks nice inside. The Durban poison is the left plant in the third pic and got a little burnt when I had to go out of town for work when they were vegging and the wife didn't look after them.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. The feed water ph is 7. There's perlite in the soil. I don't usually let it get bone dry but I water about every 3-5 days. I just pick them up and if they're light I water.
    This is what the dead leaves look like. Touch them and they fall off.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. Why is your ph of the water so high ? I feed mine at 5.8 ph and runoff is 6.1 ?

8. It's out of the tap.

9. IMG_2139.JPG Or it could be light burn like this plant here that was a under watered and light burn combo

10. You should put a few drops of ph down in your feed water. Optimal feed ph for soil is 6.5 cannabis is an acid loving plant and you will be out of ph range for uptake of certain nutrients whether you have them in the soil or not of you steer it too high.

11. Looks like lightburn and the plant got a bit too dry. Literally the exact same thing happened to my last harvest. I went on a small vacation for a few days and when I got back home I was horrified to find all my colas looking exactly like yours.

The temps in my tent had spiked close to 100deg and my plants dried right up. They still turned out fine but didn’t look quite as pretty after that. Good luck op