What the heck are these? Hermi?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glitterbuds, Aug 28, 2016.

1. This is my first try at growing and I can not figure out what these little clusters are! I also didn't take notes but I think I'm about 4-5 weeks into flowering. There are quite a few of them! Is this what a hermi looks like? I started from bag seeds so I don't know what I have either! Thanks for the help!!

Attached Files:

2. Beginning of flowering bur they kind of look male which would auck

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

3. hermie like a mofo dog

• Like Like x 1
  4. definitely a hermie

5. youre going to hell because of this... lol..:pimp:

6. BRUCE ! or as AC/CD would say " She's got balls "

7. You have there a Bruce / Caitlyn Jenner aka hermie . Those little ball looking things are pollen sacs "male". And a little white hairs are pistols "female" It's both sex. It's going to impregnate itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. And the seeds will be worthless. One hermie can ruin an entire crop.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, It really depends on if the seeds had hermaphrodite genetics or was forced to sprout due to stress.

Genetic hermaphrodites will carry the hermie trait via genetics to the offspring since the hermie trait is dominant.

If the plant is stressed and produces male nanners that are not genetic, the offspring will be feminized. If a female produces male sex organs and pollinates another female the seeds will be 100% feminized. There will be zero males. They used to call them female seeds but had to change the term due to hermaphrodites that are not males, but arent female either.

I find the best way to test seeds for the genetic hemaphrodite gene is to grow them outdoors. Its much harder to stress a plant into hermie under natural conditions.

hope that helps brother

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks everyone!! I did all kinds of things wrong with this plant! I've learned a lot though!!

11. Should I pick them off or just leave it?

12. It's up to you bud.