What the fuck?

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Nov 11, 2012.

1. #1 POWskier, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
    So I had a meeting with my RD and I told him I came into the poker room after people were already playing poker. I didn't notice the beer was there since I was sitting at the other end of the table and wasn't paying much atention to the can thinking it was a beer because a kid sitting next to me was drinking a soda.

I then get this email.

It was reported that you were in the stack 4 lounge playing poker while a member of your group was drinking a beer. In our meeting, you said that you were not drinking and that the beer had been on the table when the group came into the lounge. After meeting with everyone, I don't believe that a half empty beer would be left in a lounge nor do I believe that, someone from the group wouldn't just throw it away if it was just left there. While I do not believe you were drinking, I think you should reflect on this situation in terms of being more honest when policy violations. The below sanction is meant to help you think about your values and whether you lived up to values in this situation.

As such I am imposing the following educational sanctions:
    1. Ethics Workshop
    Complete by: Friday, November 30, 2012

You must attend an Ethics Workshop hosted by Residence Life. To make an appointment to attend an Ethics Workshop, please call Residence Life at (360) 650-2960. Please be aware that you cannot attend without calling to schedule first. The workshop lasts for an hour and a half. Failure to complete the workshop and accompanying reflection paper by the deadline will result in further disciplinary action being taken.

2. Ethics Workshop Reflection Paper
    After attending the Ethics Workshop, you are required to write a paper to reflect on this incident and apply concepts discussed in the workshop. You will receive the prompt at the end of the workshop.

You should submit this paper to me via email a week after completing the ethics workshop. It should be a minimum of three pages and be double spaced with 1 inch margins and 12pt Times New Roman font. Failure to attend the Ethics Workshop and submit this reflection by the deadline will result in further disciplinary action being taken.

I did not say the beer was there before the group came into the lounge, since I was the last one to come into the lounge after they had been playing for 20 minutes or so. Should I talk to the guy or what? The class costs $300. Its fucked.

2. thatll teach you to drink beer? or to not leave a half full beer? or to recycle? idfk whats an RD

3. RD? Residence director, I'm assuming?

Tell him to suck your brown eye if he's expecting you to pay $300 for a bullshit class you did nothing to deserve. He himself admitted that he didn't think you did it, so what is this asshole's deal?

4. Write the paper man; what is so hard about that?

Oh fuck you have to do both; yeah man have a sit down what is the worst that can happen.

5. An RD is the residence director. Basically the guy who runs the dorms. You are not aloud to drink or be in the room with beer but he said I was being dishonest by saying the beer was there before the group got there and I was the last one in the room. But that is not what I said. I said the beer was in the room before I was there.

6. Its $300

for a day class.

7. If it wasn't for the $300 i'd say no biggie...but damn $300. When I got busted it was free.

8. I would keep denying. They will never believe it though, because you were in there with them.

9. It was one beer

10. What the fuck?

Is this for some type of college/ university or what?

They fucking get to control your lives?

Fuck the system, WTF are you doing allowing yourself to be subjected to this bullshit?

11. Yeah, but do they really think your entire group only drank one beer? If that's the case, did everyone else get punished? Why do they only punish you, when like you said you were one of the furthest away from it??

12. It says I was dishonest by saying that the beer was there before the group got there. The thing is I came in after everyone was there and said the beer was there before I entered the room. That is the reason why I have to take the class.

This is for a university.

13. Go to a different university man, no diploma is worth giving up your fucking rights as a human being. WTF, I can't believe this shit, this is total thought/life brainwashing shit.

Actually I can believe this shit, that's the whole point of the school system, to make you good obedient children. This is disgusting what they're doing to you man, for real.

14. Then tell them they misunderstood what you said. Just be persistent on that matter when trying to tell them that it was there before YOU entered the room. Other than that...I don't really know.

15. Or maybe it is a christian or jesuit school?

They are really strict there; I had friends that could not walk at graduation because there was suspicion that they had parties at their house. (The campus was dry)

It is illegal to drink under 21 and you are subject to punishment if an authority figure sees you in the wrong.

You seem mad dude maybe you should go out and drink a beer or something.

16. I'm not really "mad", I just don't like to see people being degraded and treated like little bitches like this. Because I like freedom.

It does kind of piss me off that someone can tell you that you HAVE to go pay 300 bucks for a class AND write a 3 page paper (basically brainwashing) because you walked into a room that had a half empty beer can in it? What the fuck, if that doesn't make you a little bit pissed then I think there's something wrong. Plus I was already worked up over the RFID chips and shit in my other thread, and watching some documentaries about freedom being taken away here in America.

But I'll take you up on that beer ha.

17. Its not christian, its a university. The guy thinks I lied to him which I did not. I was very vague about what happened though.

18. Wow.. This isn't a state university is it?

This is some totalitarian Nazi-esque bullshit for sure. That's what gets me angry.

19. Its a state funded school.... The Residence Assistant that caught me was a cunt and the RD is stern about this stuff. My friend who got caught drinking and admitted to it only had to write a paper (another unrelated incident). The only people who got in trouble were me and the kid who had the beer.

20. Well, shit's mad messed up in my opinion bro. Hope you get it figured out though, best of luck.

If it was me I'd tell them to blow it out their fuckin ass haha