Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What the fuck kind of hit did I just take?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by shnig, Feb 4, 2014.

1. I was just hitting my steam roller when I realized a took a way too fucking big hit then I held it in and kind of started gagging and let it out. Then I started to feel like I was gonna throw up and when I bent over to throw up I burped instead and smoke came out(keep in mind I had been breathing normally for about a minute now with no smoke in my lungs). I then burped a couple more time and smoke continued to leave me mouth. After the third or fourth burp smoke stopped coming out. I have been smoking for three years and never experience something like this or heard about it. What the fuck happened to me?

2. Happens to me all the time off my bong. I dont really know why but I think if u have wind before your bowl then smoke gets trapped in a bubble inside you. Sorry if it doesn't make sense its early :) Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You swallowed.

4. You took a big hit. Your lungs filled up. You were not done clearing.

You pulled hard on your diaphragm/abs creating negative pressure internally, and opened your throat (leads to stomach).

Smoke then entered stomach.

5. Couldn't have said it better my self Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 grape, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
    ya if you swallow while taking a hit you basically eat smokeSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 Vesna, Feb 4, 2014
    I always swallow when I take too big of a hit on instinct.  If it's really big I start to gag and then burp and smoke comes out.  It's because you may or not be conscious of it but when you take a big hit you will swallow instinctively and that smoke is in your stomach waiting to be released by burping.  It's no big deal just keep trying to take those big hits until you can.

8. If you clear too hard or too long you can cause a diaphragm spasm and swallow smoke, pretty normal although not necessarily the healthiest (no you won't die, maybe just stomach cancer later on, quick surgery will fix that right up!)

To this day the only unexplainable hit I've ever had was from ripping a HUGE popper my buddy packed when I was already really high. I have massive lungs but this thing took em to capacity and almost swallowed some. When I exhaled I let out this involuntary like sigh-groan like "Ooohhhuuughhhhohgghhh", very quietly and moan-like.

When my eyes stopped watering all my friends were just staring at me with their mouths open and we all got weak as fuck.

9. My last roommate used to swallow his smoke intentionally for years. Last I heard he had to be rushed to ER due to stomach bleeding.Omega369 :wave:

10. #10 IvGotMilk, Feb 4, 2014
    I swallowed smoke by mistake once too without realizing. Then burped and smoke came out, since it was some sticky icky i thought I was spontaneously combusting and freaked out and drank a glass of water  

Thats the best thing I've read all morning lol

12. Never swallow haha

13. "I have been smoking for three years"

Then why are you posting in the Seasoned Tokers section?

14. Probably some schwag bro..

15. Sounds to me like you were swallowing the smoke instead of only inhaling it. Rookie mistake. Draw in, inhale it all, but whatever you don't swallow it. It will generally just make you feel like shit and burp up smoke, which are really the only side effects. I never did it but I've seen friends of it many times in the past.

16. Who would do that intentionally? The whole art of smoking is....well, smoking it.

17. #17 stokentoke00, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    I was having a smoke at my mates place back before my parents knew...They came to pick me up, I had a hit about 15 minutes before they arrived. Changed clothes, deodorant on and all that business, got in the car thinking im safe....then burped, and out came a fucking big cloud of stinky bong smoke. 20 minute drive to get home, too...

Easily one of the worst days of my life lol.

18. You swallowed a bunch of air. Which in this case, contained smoke lol. You quite literally had a bubble of smoke trapped in your stomach that you belched out. This is something they talk about in CPR classes lol. When you give CPR, they tell you to push the victim's chin upwards, so that their esophugus closes. If you don't, you'll blow air into their stomach, which causes an automatic reflex to puke! Pretty gross when you're giving mouth to mouth. But yeah, since you were conscious, you were able to just burp up the air instead of puke. Lucky you!

19. Lmao, I doubt swallowing your weed smoke will cause any harm, let lone cancer. It probably isn't good for somebody to expand their stomach full of gasses all the time though. All that stretching and indigestion sounds horrible.