What the fuck is wrong?!!? help please!

Discussion in 'General' started by Metallic Junkie, Jan 11, 2012.

1. So basically, my internet was never great. It used to be decent, like average. But never great. But it has gotten progressively worse and worse...

2 weeks ago I noticed it would come in "waves". In between these waves (usually like 30 seconds) nothing would load at all. Absolutely nothing. So I continually closed and opened my browser until it would let me view pages.

Over time these 30 seconds where I couldn't view the internet became longer. Now it can be up to 10 minutes. It is rediculous.

At least I think it is my internet? I tried disconnecting and reconnecting from the network, and I tried restarting my router. I can't get it to go back to normal. I don't even know if I will be able to post this. HELP!

2. Have you tried a system restore? If that doesn't work contact your internet provider it may be a problem on their end.

Or you could reload all of your software and start from stractch.

3. What is a system restore?

4. If you randomly can't load websites for a short amount of time, then it starts working after like 30 seconds, you probably need to get a better router. Mine use to do that (had a Belkin, they're jokes) and I got a new one, and now my shit is fine.

Also, just for sharing knowledge, all ISPs over time will reduce your speed. It's business technique to save money.

Say you see a commercial for Roadrunner that says their speeds are 50 mb/s.
    From the get go, you will probably end up downloading at a speed between 1-10 mb/s, you don't actually download that fast lol. Then after 2 years, your speed will be down to below 1 mb/s to maybe 2 mb/s if you're lucky.

5. I have shitty internet also. I have this thing like a usb stick i plug into my computer and it gives me intrenetz and it dissconects like every 3 - 15 minutes. I am always reconnecting and disconnecting...

6. do you have dsl? i had dsl and i would always lose connection

7. I love DSL :p

8. [quote name='"GeorgeW Kush"']

I love DSL :p[/quote]

I love dick sucking lips too!

9. If you have a PC, delete System32.

Is that still a funny joke? Idk I have all Apple products......

10. Is this true? That should be illegal! You pay for a service that they downgrade... Unless it is in the contract I don't see that being allowed...

Anyway I fixed it. I did that system restore thing and I reset my router and modem again.

11. It was likely Malware. I would download MalwareBytes, update it and run a scan.
    You likely went back before the infestation got too bad, may still be some early chit there. :smoke:

12. [quote name='"Metallic Junkie"']

Is this true? That should be illegal! You pay for a service that they downgrade... Unless it is in the contract I don't see that being allowed...

Anyway I fixed it. I did that system restore thing and I reset my router and modem again.[/quote]

Yeah man lol.
    It's a real common technique used by all types of business.

13. OP, I noticed that you're from the same town as my man Colin Cowherd. Thats wassup :smoke: