What the fuck is happening?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ThaJuggla, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Okay so the brown part I know for sure was the CFL touching the leafs, they were not yellowing about three hours ago. The two bottoms leafs. It is 17 days old today. does it look like fert or like PH? Or something different completlty?

Attached Files:

2. sorry the picture was brighter than I expect damn. Shit I knew I should of bought bottled water instead of tap. anyone know some cheap bottled water that will work?

3. when I responded to your first thread about setting up a CFL grow, I mentioned reading a lot--I'll mention it again.

It seems like you could use a good "overview" on the subject of growing, so you should look into downloading a .pdf online called the Cannabis Grow Bible (google it).

After you read the entire thing, I would also suggest reading over several grow journals, and looking at all the stickies on here and ICmag.com's growing section.

As far as what the problem is, it's probably a variety of things, as you previously showed you were going to skimp on good water/nutes/soil/etc. I don't seem to sound like a dick, but if you don't understand what you're doing, well....it's not gonna happen man. Again my best advice is gonna be to read, read, then read some more.

4. Don't mean to be an asshole, but you are a dick.

You make it sound like I have a 12 inch stretched out plant with only its cotyledons under a regular lightbulb that I feed with piss.

I knew the PH of most tap water runs a little high and I knew Miracle Gro had fertalizer arleady mixed in (although I didn't know it was time released.)

I did not have the time or money to acure better supplies, but I know the set up I have will produce a harvest. I've seen other harvests with very similiar, sometimes even worse conditions then my plant.

I am going to friend you just to fucking show you the bud from this plant, to prove you wrong.

5. that is some super tight internodal spacing looks, like a head of lettuce. how much light are you giving it, what bulb(s) and how close. might just be light burn.

also looks like you got a lot of tempature variation. what are your day and night time temps.

6. #6 ThaJuggla, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    wert I thought the same thing lol A head of cabbage

four 27w CFLs, two are Daylight and two are Soft White (heard a mix of the two is good) three of them are directly to the sides of the plant and one is overhead. I generally move the overhead bulb up four inches away when I see a new set of leafs starting to poke out(does that make sense? like when most people would FIM em) then once they formed a bit, I bring the overhead light back down an inch away from it.

It has been below 40 degrees consistantly the past week here but I have the plant in an heated room, its just a knob too so Im not sure exact temp but its comfortable probably within the 70s

also the lighting is 16-8 because I patterned it according to my sleep schedule (didnt has $ to even buy a timer)

and yes the other day I set the lamps back on a little too close which caused some brown burn I could tell and its happend a few times before

also I dont water it very much I heard in smaller pots (its only in a 6 inch pot to promote bushy growth) that water drys up quicker.

Maybe its a combo of lack of water plus light burn?

whatever it is I am not discouraged I was expecting slight nute burn and ph burn from the start, but come one people its called weed because thats how it grows!

7. yeah that sounds like light burn to me. 5 cfl for a seedling is way to much. i would turn them all off exept one untill the plant starts to stretch a little bit then slowly add in one light at a time as the plant matures.

not sure i understand what you mean about the temp i asume it is in a thermostat controlled room at 70 degrees and it is 40 outside? if so that is fine.

if you cant afford a timer how do you intend to flower this plant. go buy a timer or stop wasting your time and electricity growing a plant that will never succeed. if you dont have a timer you will have an eratic light cycle and cause stress to the plant which will cause hermaphodites or even a plant that wont flower properly.

buy a timer they are 20 bucks!

8. #8 ThaJuggla, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    I have been very strict about turning them on and off at exactly 7:30 am and 11:30 pm. I do plan on buying a timer for when I begin flowering. I knew about messing with the light cycle can cause hermies, but I didn't know it could cause a plant to not flower.

Im not sure if its a seedling though, it has lost its cotyledons and is working on its fourth node, has second growth, wouldnt it be veggin now? the thing is only 1 and 12 inch tall too.

The plan is to grow it with super tight nodes until the fifth ones are fully grown then switch to flower. Ive only seen one other grow like this and the fool ended up getting one solid 25 gram bud.

And I just looked up dry plants that is what it is thank you wert for helping me with the answer. What do you think about the grow plan?

and yes it is a wall heater in the room it seems consistant to me, maybe a little colder at night

and oh yeah, during flowering I will raise all four lights above it so it can stretch out. supertight during seedling and short veg, then allowed to stretch during flowering

9. you got that kinda messed up. you want tight internodal spacing throughout it whole growth. stretching during flowering is something we try to prevent. lots of stretching= loose shitty buds.

generally you should wait untill the plant shows asymetrical growth. it is a sign that the plant has matured enough. you can force flower it earlier but it will not yeild as well and the quality will be inferior. you got over a hundred watts. you should be able to keep it short enough that you can flower it after it reaches maturity. that will lake a month or two

10. Maybe stretching wasnt the term I meant. During flowering won't the plant grow to about twice it size to accomidate room for the bud? Once I switch to flowering I plan on moving the lights farther, but not more than 5 inches on all sides.

Really the point of this grow to prove to myself that if I can even get a nug out of non ideal conditions, then I can get ozs out of better equipment and more time. Really like a test drive before I spend my tax returns on a better setup

11. moving the bulbs further away will increase stretching. during flower keep the bulbs as close as possible. if you move them further away you will causr it even more stretch

12. Nice personal insult to start off your post.

I never belittled you. You started a thread which informed the community you have no handle on what was wrong with what you were doing. I recommended a huge, great source of information to look at, in order to save you time and money in the future, as you didn't seem to think anything you had previously done before was causing your current problem(s).

I wasn't necessarily expecting a "thanks", but you shouldn't spit on good advice, no matter how blunt it is.

I never said you couldn't grow under these conditions. I never said that you wouldn't get a product. However, you'd do well if you spent a while every day understanding this process better so that you'll end up with more than a dimebag and some hair left in your head.

Anyone can throw a seed in dirt, throw some water at it, and have it grow. In no way have I challenged that, nor will I be amazed at your supposed ability to do so. Don't make it seem like I've come in here and crapped on your efforts. YOU have continually asked US, the GC community, for help--don't whine when people point out your shortcomings which you have REQUESTED we critique.

I'm trying to help you go beyond this "bare minimum" standard you've mentioned (as well as not get arrested/etc)--by all means, if you don't want me helping you do that, I won't.

13. #13 CornDogMan, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
    that looks generally overnuted.
    Seeds cant handle a fortified mix meant to grow established plants. I dont know what soil that is, but it looks fortified.

if you can, replant it in a less fortified mix, that would help and water well.

my .02

good luck.

I dont believe Hendrix was being a "penis" , Alot of newbies have questions that center around general growing of plants. Like How strong of a mix to plant seedlings in. How much light, When to water, when to transplant, when to feed, recognizing nutrient def. etc.etc. I think he just wanted to put you on the right path. Many grow books cover these things within the first couple chapters.

ps , If marijuana was just a "weed" everybody would be rich, or never needing to buy a sack ever!! which we all know is not the case...:smoke: