What the F**k

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by KeifWarriorOfDabland, Jun 26, 2018.

1. To start off, I’m 21 years old attending college in the hopes of obtaining a PhD in Psychology. Life for me was never easy, dad died when I was nine, had to care for my mom during the aftermath (cooking, cleaning, making sure mom was not in bed all day, etc. for about 5 years), sister bailed on the family when she was of legal age, and blah blah blah. I’m not asking for anyone’s pity, respect, or anything else. I simply did what was right.
    It wasn’t until a couple days ago that shit hit the fan again. I went home to visit and my mom had regressed again. She stayed in bed a lot, had sever anxiety attacks, and I had to force her to go to the hospital. (Long story short she’s on more medication and is doing semi better)
    Then I was betrayed by my roommates who I thought were my friends. Without my permission they entered my room while I was away and smoked half an ounce of MY bud. Yeah they threw me cash, but the fact they didn’t ask permission is what set me off. I feel so betrayed and to make it worse, not once did they ask about my trip home so I have no one to talk too about this.
    I feel a responsibility to my mom and now with how my “friends” treated me, I just want to pack my things and go home and make sure my mom is ok. I want to start my own life and finish college, but now I feel so alone and I can’t stop worrying about my mom.
    What the f**k should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Hi, are you asking if you should drop out of school and go home to take care of your mom?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. #3 BrewsnWeed666, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018

It sounds harsh but grow up lol

Your friends may have smoked your stash without asking but gave you money for it.. that in most people's eyes would be enough to not hate them .. I think you're playing on this whole mum being ill stuff,I've had to look after terminally ill people before & I've never let that hold me back or used it as an excuse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It may not of been packaged very pretty, but BnW's advise was pretty spot on. Life throws everyone curve balls... some worse than others. But we have to keep the bigger picture in mind of what's really important. Does friends taking your weed suck? Sure. Does it suck worse than a terminally ill disease, not knowing where you're next meal is coming from, etc.? Prob not. Are your friends good people (besides that one incident)? Worth keeping in other words? If so, lay out some ground rules and move on. It sounds like you could use someone to talk to, instead of shutting them out. However, if they're not really good friends to begin with, maybe it's best to sever those ties anyway.

I take care of my mom with Alzheimer's, and it takes a lot of my time. But it's my mom and I love her. However, I still have to find that balance of doing right by others while still making sure I'm taking care of myself and accomplishing the things I want to do.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fuck psychologists. Book taught bullshit..as well as working for a bureaucratic bullshit clinic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yeah, all and all I just needed a good rant after a bad couple of days. Life will go on and I’m not really mad at my roommates, was just super stressed before I came back so it seemed like a bigger deal at the time. Bud really helps to put everything into perspective. I know my mom will get better and I’m not gonna drop out of college. Thanks for the feedback and stay lit!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm glad you feel better after venting a bit. I agree that your roommates were in the wrong to smoke your stash without your permission but they were good enough to leave you some money.

I think you should stay in school and take care of your mom when you can. Yes, she's family, but you still need to look out for yourself, too. That said, depending on where you live, you might not get into the field you want very easily. That also said, having a degree in anything is better than not having one at all.

Best of luck!

8. well sounds like you're doing the right things. sometimes we got to just follow our insticts man.

"And I thought hurricane season was over"

9. Life is all about choices. Take care of Mom, or don't. Be pissed at your friends, or not.

Make the decisions that are best for you. Only YOU know what they are.