What. The. F@CK?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by beerbrewer, May 24, 2016.

1. I am battling a fungus gnat problem, however it doesnt SEEM to be too bad. However, I pulled out a flowering girl and saw this NASTY SHIT on the stems!!! What the fuck is this shit???

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. can you get a closer shot?i don't know what that is.

• Like Like x 2
  3. insects? maybe? not sure honestly can't tell from the picture, I second DanGro420, can you post a closer pic

4. scales? how do get those? sounds nasty.

5. I just googled it, it definitely is scales.

6. I have no idea how I got them lol. Gross as all hell tho.

7. Scraping them off and spraying with greenclean and dr bronners right now.

8. Spot on BeerBrewer...........scales. Truth be told, I've never seen them on cannabis.

9. From wat I am reading it says you should use predators to get rid of them, like lady bugs, or get Dormant Oil to spray, hand wash the stems, and make sure you don't have ants.

source for this - Cannabis Pests - medicalmarijuana.com

10. Not sure what your grow environment is like, but this is a perfect opportunity to discuss the importance of keeping your grow space as sterile as possible, as clean as possible and keeping people, pets, and everything ELSE away from your plants. Lots of things can be picked up from one plant and deposited onto another once it gets a start and the more activity you have around your plants, the greater the chances of picking up something along the way. I've never seen scales so it's cool to get to see something else to ward off...LOL...but not so cool for you. Hopefully, they'll give up without too much of a fight. But if you truly have had or still have fungus gnats, I would throw the whole mess out and start over. Getting rid of them is more a battle than I choose to fight from what I've read about them from others. Seems as though the more humid the environment you grow in, the likelier you are to have them. Have a grower friend in Hawaii and he fights them year round. Do the research you need to on them and the scales that you've been diagnosed with. The more you know about what you're dealing with, the likelier it is you can rid your grow of it. So sorry!! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for all the help everybody!! Love me some GC baby.

Throwing it out and starting over is not really an option. If we were talking a dozen plants I would consider it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 waktoo, May 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Damn man. Hey bay leaves are a good way to ward off gnats. You can find them in the spice section at a grocery store. Just lay them on top the soil all over and gnats wont fuck with it as bad. They hate it. I like to take them off when watering though and replace them ever so often when the scent of the leaves dies off. Also sand will stop them. Put like half a inch of sand over the top of the soil and they wont be able to do shit. Fuckin nasty little bastards. I hate em lol

"The pharmacutical company doesnt create cures, they create customers"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just breakin' yer balls a little... :poke: