What the f*** am I doing wrong??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by The_Green_Goblin, Feb 12, 2015.

1. "f I smash these plants will cal mag like I have been doing, can that slow growth? Coz my plants that I'm training in my photo tent are slow as fuck.."

Anything that swings the nutrient balance farther from what is optimum for the plants uptake will have negative effect on plant health and vigor.

2. I picked auto seeds just for variety to be honest. I thought if they grow quicker, I could have more strains to try and use. Got me kinda excited. But I'm kinda not liking the taste of them to be honest. They have this soapy taste. Maybe it's just too early to smoke (was a tester bud).

That's a damn good idea for a test. I might actually do that when I begin my next grow. Old mate swears by it though. He creates his own line of nutes in Australia too. I have some of his 'all rounder' which is pretty much specifically designed for weed. It's got stuff to promote root growth and health, micro nutrients, this like growth hormone stuff and is smells fucking God awful...so you know it's good. Plants have responded really well to it even when it's added with plain water.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

3. Temps are high, but reach into the 100's with HID's. Welcome to australia haha.

Humidity is usually around 45 day and 65 night.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

4. Just going off his last grow.....heat was not his problem because of the nice dense sticky nodes......any strain can reduce stretch with phosphorus or taking your hand and working the branch like you work out at the gym.

No chemical needed

Take 2 of the same plant

Work one like you would work out at the gym.....would you do 3 curls or bench presses or many....plant cells are the same.....you can stab it nute it train it....you still need LDH due to stress....not chemicals

Humidity doenst have much to do with a plant till 6 week flower

5. This is a silly question, but I have to ask...

What's your air in/out setup?  Are you venting the hot air out of the tent, and bringing in fresh?

Have you considered putting your portable AC unit IN the tent, or would it take up too much space?

You really have to figure out some way to get those temp's down.  It get's into the 100's?  :eek:

listen buddy, don't come around here making plant biology sense!!!!  

7. Im not arguing with you but you know these plants grow at 110 everyday?

You just have to compress carbon dioxide to a different elevation.

8. #29 waktoo, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015

No worries.  But OP's not using supplemental CO[SUB]2, [/SUB]andgrowing in a tent.

You don't think 100's is too hot for growing in a tent?  I don't grow in a tent, but my set up is pretty low tech.  Fresh air is drawn in passively from outside when the air vent kicks in.  There's no way in hell my plants in my grow room could ever take 100F temp's on a regular basis.  They start complaining when things get into the upper 80's.

Where's a link to OP's last grow that you mentioned?  All I can find is recent stuff...

9. That tent felt 100

Attached Files:

10. Not last grow....page 1....shows good bud....just stretch

11. #32 str8jacket, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    "There's no way in hell my plants in my grow room could ever take 100F temp's on a regular basis."

Plants growing outdoors only see extremely high temps for a few hours during the hottest part of the day and only on hot days. They would not do well growing in a desert no matter how well you tented them.

Flowering plants outdoors don't get as much heat in the fall as vegging plants get in the summer. Equatorial sativas are a different story entirely. They get temperate conditions year around in veg and flowering.

Growing indoors, the temps warm up fast when the lights come on and stay that way all day. In my experience, sativa strains deal with heat better than indica, but neither likes a lot of heat for 12 hours a day during flowering.

12. Regarding air, I have vent holes in the tent. I also have three fans on the plants. One over the tops, one over the bases and one just generally pushing the hot air up and into the exhaust area. 6 inch inline fan work carbon filter, and also bought another exhaust fan of sorts and put it in one of the vents. So two exhaust fans, 3 over the plants in a 4x4...only way to keep it under 90.

13. #35 The_Green_Goblin, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
    I try and keep the temps a little bit over 80. Say, around 82-87. That's the temps they are in about 95% of the time. If we have heat waves, I may consolidate the plants into the other tent where there is a 1200 in the tent , and less heat produced than a 1200 and a 700. There will still be lumens to keep the plant happy for a while until the insane heat passes.. I can manage a few more little fans in and out and can take that tent down to 78 with 5 plants and a bunch of fans and the 1200 roaring.

The temps have risen to 90 about 2-3 times in the last month for s combined total of maybe 3-4 hours over the 2-3 days

14. #36 waktoo, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Are your exhaust fans installed in the correct orientation?  Even your carbon scrubber?

If we're talking can fans, they work more efficiently when they are installed to PULL air from the grow space, rather than PUSH it.  Turns/bends in your ducting will also affect the efficiency of air movement.

Maybe run less light in the summer?  I have to turn one of my 600W lights off during the summer so that the exhaust fans aren't running constantly.  That's why I stock up during the winter months...   :ey:  

Other than that, I'm out of ideas...

Hope you get it figured out.  Good luck.

EDIT:  Do you have a basement or crawlspace in your home?  Somewhere where you can draw cool air from, rather than the hot air from your garage?  It has to be dry.  If there's any smell or visual indication of mold/mildew, I would not suggest this course of action.  Of course, you would most likely have to move your tent to a different location in the home, assuming that your garage floor is poured concrete...

15. Do you run it at night?

16. At least its bullshit hot where u are.

17. Unfortunately there is no basement here and no crawl space. Those things aren't too popular in oz for some reason. I'm going to be using the smaller tent in summer for obvious reasons. Two big lights are just too much to handle in this heat...