What stupid things did you believe as a kid?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheHempress, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I don't mean stuff like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

When I was a kid, I remember whenever my mom used to complain about cops she'd say, "I bet they're just getting in their quota." I used to think that she was saying "quarter", so for the longest time I believed that cops got paid 25¢ for every person they pulled over.

My grandma has told me stories about how I used to be afraid of grass. :laughing: Yes, I said grass. I don't remember it at all, but apparently I used to spazz out as soon as someone put me on some lawn.

2. Lets see gotta go back for this one...

When I was younger I thought you could die in your dreams so I always woke up right right before the deathblow,nowadays before I get killed I just let it happen. (kinda sick huh)

I also thought wrestling was real go figure...Great thread by the way:wave: gonna take a while for everybody to rememeber but it will all work out at the End.:)

3. Karl Malone from the Utah Jazz was called "The Mailman." My dad use to tell me he was our mailman so I always wanted to wait at our mailbox to get his autograph.

4. There was a whole bunch of things that I believed when I was little

Like the fact that I SAW Rudolph, except my mom later told me it was in fact an airplane, not a shiny red nosed reindeer. :(

Oh and that thunder and lightning storms were just God bowling, and when the lightning flashed, he got a strike haha it always made me feel better :p

I honestly believed that my uncle trapped, and killed the easter bunny because one year he showed me the "fur" I had never cried so hard in my whole life, I guess that was his way of telling me not to believe in the easter bunny anymore

I used to actually believe that if you sat too close to the TV you would go blind, and i guess that goes along with "if you keep making that face it'll stay like that!!" so i never made funny faces for longer then like 5 seconds out of fear of it freezing like that

EDIT: I know we're not supposta talk about the easter bunny etc, but that's okay I thought they were fun
    stories

5. I thought "taking people for granted" was taking people for granite (thought it had something to do with rocks??)

I used to have a fair amount of dreams where i could fly and in the dream id forget how to fly in the first place, and in reality i really thought i COULD fly but i had simply forgotten how (if that makes sense)

Jeez i kno there is so much more, but this is all i can think of at the moment

Great idea hempress

6. :eek: I used to have the same dream! Only in my dreams I could fly by steering a pillow.

When I was in kindergarten, my mom told me that this playground was actually mine. I really thought it was! I used to be such a jerk at the playground, telling all the kids to get out because it was my park. I told them I'd tell my Mama on them! :laughing:

7. I used to believe in God when i was a kid.

I was so stupid and naive back then. But weren't we all?

8. I remember whenever we would play tag or some game, and someone would yell 'new comers are it.' I always thought they said 'cucumbers are it' and was just straight up confused :confused:

Uhm, I had a little metal elephant that I thought was hundreds of years old and worth money. I took it into show and tell and told my class. The teacher ended up calling home and was worried because I brought this valuable to school. It was probably worth 50 cents.

That's all for now...

9. Not something stupid i used to belive in, But when my brother was a kid and my ma would take him to the store, Hed want licorice. Well theyd be goin down the aisle and hed yell "Mama, I want liqour, I want liqour".

10. That was the first thing that came to mind when i read the title of the thread.

11. That's ok, I'll accept funny kid stories, too. I love reading stories about that. :)

About God, I thought someone might come in and say it, but I wanted this thread to be a little more light-hearted than that. I'm sitting here high looking for entertainment. :p

12. well when I was real little my dad put video camera all around the house and outside and said "this year we are going catch santa on video!"

He set it up so perfectly that when we watched the video it looked like a bigfoot sighting video, all blurry and only a little bit of the fat man in red could be seen, but you could hear him downing the milk and cookies in the kitchen.

I thought this was the greatest discovery in the history of the world and was so adamant about him giving me the video. He never did and I think it is lost now. Anyway I was eventually pissed off because I realized it was my uncle in his santa suit. bastards.

69 DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!! as in 69th post!

13. Yeah but then I hit puberty and my attitude and perceptions of reality about world around me change significantly.

I eventually came to my sense. :)

14. Hmph. Come on you guys, please don't turn this thread into a debate. And just for the record, no, not everyone believes in God. I certainly don't.

15. No way, I can believe whatever I want.

I believe the God of Abraham is a relic of human mythology and lore. Nothing more. I think he is a well-written fictional character if that makes you feel any better...

But let's keep the theology debate where it should be, in the S&P section; this thread is about stupid things that kids believe.

16. Real funny Rasta I'm laughing my high off but like you said back to the topic.

17. When I was alot younger I thought I knew everything. Turns out none of us do. :D

18. One thing I remember believing as a kid (and I still have no idea as to if this is true or not, rofl) was that my mom told me if you ate raw tapioca pudding mix (the stuff in the box) that you would die. I was pretty scared of tapioca pudding after that:p

19. HAHA that's something that my mom would have told me too :D

20. hehhe never did. Always questioned it and thought it was wayyy too unbelievable when I was a kid. My family stopped going to church shortly after.

I remember I thought in the National Anthem the line " For which it stands" was " for Richard Stands" and would always say that.