What strains are good with grow boxes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TokinAllDay, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Im making a grow box/cabinet and I'm wondering what strains are popular for the small quarters that grow boxes have. mine will be 2 feet deep and 3 feet tall and 5 feet long. Im just wondering what is popular to grow. Im also most likely using soil. Also I'm going to be using CFL's or fluorescent shop light style lights. Just throwing out my setup to see if it really matters. Now im wondering if I can grow any strain or if it should be a indica since they are usually smaller in since. I also know I can LST them so they use more length of the box instead of height. And If I top them a couple times It should be nice small and bushy right? 
    I Usually like sativa strains do to the effect it gives but any hybrids or indica dominant strains that are popular would be nice to know for when I get my seeds.

Thanks for any help

2. if you like sativa buzz that grows like an indica try nebula..its ww x haze thats indica dom and stays short and chunky..you should use a 400w hps though i had a 600w in a 2x3 with a cool tube that kicked ass

3. wouldnt that get too hot though for when they are full size they would be close to the light wouldnt they 

4. Oh and what about auto flowering strains 

5. #5 usandthem, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
    My grow box is 2'x3'x6'. I use CFLs to veg and a 400 watt HPS to flower. I have successfully grown Northern Lights, White Widow, and various bag seeds. I like to veg them to 12 or 14 inches and then flower. I also like to top when they're about 8" tall. Use lots of fans and a cool tube. I have better luck growing in the winter months. It's easier to keep the box cool. Good luck. 

6. Thanks for the info

7. #7 TinTizzy, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013

nope it was 5ft tall too...the light take up about a foot, bucket a foot then 2-3ft for plants..they would get close without training but were still fine I could get them 8" from the light with no burn..best was to scrog though they would finish around 2ft and id average 8-10 oz (with the 400w)..id post pics if i knew how to upload em

8. I`d look for an indica dominant strain that stays short and fat kinda like my sisters.

9. Afghani #1 from Sensi Seeds is 95% Indica. I have some in veg now and will begin flower in 3 weeks. Got my seeds from "The Attitude" seedbank.

[​IMG]

10. If I grow an auto would It just stop growing once it gets to certain height if I keep the light the same distance the entire growth and also use  LST and SCROG on it. I only have 28" of height in my box which is not ideal but pc grow boxes can work so im not sure. I have 31" of width and 24" from front to back. could I get 2 plants in there if I lollipop and LST with the SCROG. Maybe three if I use a triangle shape and just control the direction the limbs grow on the plants so it covers the area with big bud producing branches. I think with regular photoperiod plants you can do the same and just start the 12/12 light cycle a little earlier if height is becoming an issue. Im using cfl's as well so I can get decently close to them. I know they can burn though so I guess i will see. Im just trying to get all my indo straight before getting started and wasting time and money on something I overlooked. and anyone know how loud bathroom exhaust fans are. Im looking at a cheap one from Home depot for under $20. Its at http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100081599?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100081599&R=100081599#.UdHmmPlJP4s. If its only 50cfm its shouldnt be too loud I would think. Any suggestions to pass on

11. I laughed a little too hard at this :p

12. Scrog and use pretty much any strain :)

Keep growing till the wheels fall off!!!

Honestly go with a different fan if you can afford it, once you add a carbon filter onto that it's not gonna do nearly what you want it to.