What Strain?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Thrillskater, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I am going to be growing some plants in the local park near my house. I am going to be planting these in areas that are covered by sticker bushes and other wild vegetation. The one thing that I am concerned about though is the marijuana plants out growing the native plants and becoming visible. I wanted to post this question to get some advice on what type of seeds i should buy. I am looking for a strain that does not grow to tall but still has a nice sized yield. I think the optimum maximum height for my plants should be around 4 feet. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks

2. some sort of Indica-Sativa mix, as unhelpful as that may be. Indicas are shorter and stockier, but unfortunately Sativas are better suited for outdoor growing yet are taller and thinner plants. Afghani would be a good choice. It's pretty bushy, and it originated in Afghanistan and anything that can grow in a desert can probably grow wherever you're from. If you can, try to find out where the pot that's available to you was grown- if it was grown in a similar climate where you live, it would probably do alright as well.

3. My suggestion is to find another place to grow. Any semi-public place like a park is a bad idea, just asking for trouble. Outdoor growing is meant to be your own little secret. Now that I'm off my soapbox, if you must try your plan, consider one of the autoflowering strains like Lowryder. They only get about 10-18" tall, and are easy to blend in with surrounding vegetation. The only down side is a smaller yield.