what strain....?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sensi_master, Dec 7, 2008.

1. i was planning on planting this spring of 09 and was wondering which strain is easiest to grow outdoors, ive always just used bagseed....but i figured i would step it up a notch this year......i basically just want the most potent strain that is easiest to grow, because i really wont be able to tend to it that much

i also live in a pretty moderate to warm climate

i made a list of strains that i heard were pretty easy to grow...here it is
    durban poison
    holland's hope
    frisian dew
    Purple Bud
    purple power
    purple widow
    early girl
    early special
    super skunk
    afghani-my favorite
    big bud-close second

im am open to new suggestions aswell.....also is it good to use these type of seeds in a five gallon buckett with soil of my liking or just put them in the ground

2. sorry to keep bumpin this....but i really need to know cause im goin to buy my seeds here pretty soon, thanks dudes

3. You should check out Highgrade-seeds.com's White Widow...

It is supposed to be phenomenal bud... That is what I will be growing next year with some Hindu Kush...

4. yea i know white widow is a killer bud.....but i think it may need to much care while growing, you know what i mean.....im really diggin the afghani because it says its for begginer growers, and while im not a begginer i wont be able to tend to my garden that much

5. I know what you mean...

In that case, I would check out the Hindu Kush offered by Highgrade-seeds.com... They are a very hardy, short, stocky, mold resistant, and early flowering strain that should suit you well...

6. nice man....i appreciate it, im still lovin the afghani though...lol i just love the way it looks while in flower, and it matches my climate.....not to mention its a great smoke especially if you like an indica couch lock buzzz which i love

7. I believe that Afghani's lineage leads back to Hindu Kush... Also, Hindu Kush is purely indica... 100% couch lock stone...

8. yea you're right man, but do ya know anything about "big bud" the yields are crazy for that shit, and its pretty dank too

9. Go for quality, not quantity...

I have heard that big bud is really dank though...

10. dude i am in the exact sameposition as you are and intend to begin my own grow in the spring of 09 ive got a northern u.s. climate but ive looked in to purple power, big bud x northern lights looks promising, and then also Nirvana Chrystal (widow x NL) check it out man

11. Northern Lights is great too... High Grade Seeds offers a NL #5 that is supposed to be amazing, but I am sure other breeders NL's are great also...

NL is short, stocky, and flowers very quickly...

12. yea the big bud crossed with nl looks pretty promising, and from what ive heard from a couple grow buddies is that they are pretty maintnence free and dank as hell.....i live in the upper southeast part of the u.s. so thats why i was thinking a lot about afghani or durban poison

i dont know, i really want to go ahead and get some seeds but im just goin to take my time and pic out a perfect strain for me to grow....and do any of you have an answer to my soil question, cause ive grown indoor organic also...not now though, i moved back in with the rents

13. NL#5 is far better suited to indoor growing. OP is better off with something like Hindu Kush or Hash Plant for planting outdoors.

14. hey man.. i got your PM. I don't really know what does well outdoors, and what kind of growing season you have.
    I'd probably stay away from the sativas though.

gl dude :)

15. thanks for the input guys......im still really liking the afghani which is indica...so.....

16. Go for the Afghani if that is what you want... No one is stopping you...

Good Luck and welcome to your newest hobby...

17. yep i probably will, but i still want your guys' input, another thing.....is it worth buying the feminised seeds.....i mean ive grew bagseed in the past with decent results, so here is somethin else maybe you all could give me some advice on

thanks

18. I have both feminized and regular. I would just get the regular. The price differences between the two are what you would expect. You can get 5 femmed for say $40-50 or 10 regular for $40-50. In the end you should end up with about the same number of females. Keep in mind that just because the seeds say FEMINIZED, doesn't mean they actually will be all females.

I have also heard that feminized seeds have weaker phenotypes, so you may just want to stick with regular.

19. alright then....i was goin to go for the feminized.,...