Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What strain of marijuana is best for treating chronic pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HIGHEREDnFIRED, Jul 29, 2011.

1. my gf has real bad pain.

2. OG Kush

3. ^^ any indica Kush etc

4. She may not only wish to try different strains, but different means of ingestion. For intractable chronic pain eatables often give the best coverage.

5. I go through the day with backpain and i perfer a strain called pineapple thai, it keeps you happy and uplifted (not tired), and helps relieve pain.

6. hashplant, hindu kush, headband. They're all very strong painkiller strains. Some glycerin for instantaneous relief or some ganga infused butter for a more long term effect...

7. could she get a medical marijuana card for it? she has fam in Arizona & they legalized it medically

8. I heard the AZ program was stopped.

Btw, we really should not recommend strains for ailments because that is like practicing medicine without a license. I would say everyone is different. Pain is different. It's kind of trial and error.

9. I don't think any medical professional with a license could do a better job of judging cannabis than the regular consumer.
    It is trial and error, though.:)

10. #12 dirtykingpin713, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I second that, who do you trust. The stoner that has smoked everything he sells you. Or the doctor that will Prescribe you just about any pill just to shut you up. I think I'll take the herb please

11. I always enjoy some nice sativa when my head hurts.

Weed is an awesome hangover cure

12. Blue Dreams is a great sativa dom strain for pain relief. I also agree with the headband and OG kush for good indica strains. They have a nice melt into the chair high. I'd stay away from anything that's described as a racy high because they can make you more tense and won't help much with pain. Honestly, as strange as this sounds, brick weed is some of the best medical bud I've ever had. It's usually harvested late and has more CBD.

13. I can vouch for hashplant, really helped my knee pain when it flared up super bad. Smoked two bowls and i ended up going to work.

Others i've used is GDP and Blue Dream, both put me to sleep though hah

14. The AZ program is alive. Jan Brewer currently is being a bitch by not allowing the Health Dept to issue dispensory licenses.

Actually I would hope she never allows it. That way caregivers and co-ops could rule the day. :cool: :smoke: