What Strain Is This?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blood_on_snow, Dec 24, 2006.

1. This is my first grow, and I'm a little over 4 weeks into flowering. I bought the seeds from my former dealer and didnt ask questions (bad idea). The plants look great I'm just wondering what kind they are. If someone could tell me atleast if it's sativa or indica that would be wondertful.

Attached Files:

2. It is virtually impossible to tell a strain from a picture. From the proportions of the leaves your girl appears to have a good dose of sativa in it.

3. Heh, my bad. Thanks though for the sativa/indica I.D. . So sativa should mean a longer flower period right?

4. sativa = narrow leaves
    indica = wide leaves
    hybrid = between narrow and wide leaves

And yea i think sativa's have longer flowering periods but it probably depends on the strain too.

5. nice looking plant. looks sativa to me

6. yeah i'd have to agree...looks more sativa-like. sativa's definitely have a longer flowering period than indicas. for a pure sativa you're looking anywhere from 10-16 weeks. the more indica, the less time flowering (7-9 weeks for pure indicas).

7. [quote name='chiefton8']yeah i'd have to agree...looks more sativa-like.
    I would say she is a mix....leanin' to the sativa side ;)

sativa's definitely have a longer flowering period than indicas. for a pure sativa you're looking anywhere from 10-16 weeks. :confused_2:
    South African "Durban Poison" is a PURE Sativa and finishes in 7 weeks :eek:

the more indica, the less time flowering (7-9 weeks for pure indicas). :confused_2:
    And then "Hash Plant" a PURE Indica finishes in 10 weeks :eek:

8. ^^^ well obviously every strain is unique...he wasn't asking for specifics as he has no idea what strain it is and i highly doubt he has either of those two. in general though sativas most certainly take longer to mature.