What strain is best?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Slacker69, Dec 18, 2007.

1. This will be my first hydro grow. I was thinking about going with Lowryder since it is auto-flowering. But since its hydro couldnt I grow a sativa and just flower it after 2 months and get a higher yield?
    :confused:

2. You should be able to grow something better than lowryder. Actually about anything would be better. You can grow a sativa but with a 2 month veg time it is liable to get huge. If you have your setup dialed in then plants generally grow faster in hydro versus soil. If height isn't an issue then you can grow about anything you want. Indicas generally stay short and bushy with dense buds, sativas are usually stretchier and have more fluffly, airy buds. If you are looking for a knock-out stone, then grow something predominately Indica. If you prefer a more energetic high, then a Sativa would serve you well. Yield is more dependent on the strain and proper growing conditions. Even more specifically some phenotypes of the same strain can be big yielders while others aren't. As luck goes many times the plants with lower yields are the most potent. But yes giving a longer veg time will definitely boost your yield.

3. buzb8lvr is right. I only grow an auto-flowering strain (Masterlow= Master Kush x Lowryder) when I HAVE to. Like if I am late in the season and just want to get a quick harvest, or if I have height issues.
    buzb8lvr is right on. If you have the opportunity to grow anything else besides a Lowryder strain, then do it. Unless you are doing a SOG though.

My personal favourite strain was a cross between Northern Lights and Early Pearle. Grew quite well, with a decent harvest, and had some pretty dank buds.:smoking:

Good luck:)

4. Lowryder is about the weakest strain you could choose, so anything would be better. Even for SOG IMO. Consider sativas vs. indicas for the kind of high they give not thinking one will yield more than the other (for an indoor grow, assuming you have some height restrictions). Use techniques like topping, fimming, and LST on just about any strain and that will boost your yield in limited space.

5. I want to know what strain i should use for a small (3'tall x 1'6"wide x 1'6"deep) grow box (im gonna put speakers in the side :D)

6. Heard AK-47's grow good in small areas

7. Forget lowryder - it's got ditch weed genetics (ruderalis) bred into it. Plus the yield sucks.

Get an NL5 (Northern Lights). It's a great strain, has big yields and is easy to grow.

But ditch lowryder.

8. Look close at your hight restrictions pot hight,light space and the distance between the light and plant.After the veg. and you 12/12 the plant will get 2-3 times taller unless its pure sativa,but as toasty has said those restrictions can be overcome with LST,topping and fimming.

9. I second the suggestion for Northern Lights -- it's potent, pretty hardy, stays low, takes to LST and other techniques well, and sometimes is low odor.