What strain for a newbie to use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Programetric, Apr 6, 2013.

1. #1 Programetric, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    I'll be doing the standard "closet grow" using CFL lights. I obtained all the equipment needed from various sources. I intend on growing 5-6 plants for personal use.

Ideally, I want something VERY easy to grow, high yield, and good potency. ( If I could only have two, yield and ease of growth would be most important. )
    Now, from what I've gathered myself, I want an indica strain. I've also found that "autoflowering" strains are good, but I'm not sure exactly why they are good ( if anyone could explain, that would be great. )

All that considered, what would you recommend in your opinion? I'm open to all advice. Thank You.

2. Al real easy strain i ran is dinafems critical +

Real easy to grow, super stinky, super strong and a mahoooosive yeild to boot. It realli does stink after week 5 of flower tho

Sent from my iPhone using special stoner powers, u like football manager???

3. #4 schmal3x, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
    I would recommend BC god bud, for me it has been the most forgiving of all the plants I have grown. It also is a crazy yielder with a really nice high and has won a ton of awards. Flower time is aprox 10 weeks.

Autos are also terrible for beginners. Any mis-step and it greatly impacts your yield because autos have a set time from seed to harvest. A non auto can veg for 10 days or 200 days while you learn to dial things in.

Lastly, you are going to have some serious issues growing 5-6 plants on CFL's. You are better off doing 1-2 and LST them. More plants does not always = more bud.

Here is a link for the seeds:
    https://www.bcbuddepot.com/seed-list/bc-bud-depot/bc-god-bud-winner/

4. I recommend u to buy skunk 1 it is usualy the strain that people recommend for first grow.

5. 1 thing with skunk #1 it can hav a massive number of phenos, not always but it can have. If u was guna do a number of em it could prove a handful when the different phenos demand different feeds. Is not allways the case but it can be

Sent from my iPhone using special stoner powers, u like football manager???

6. Good choices for new growers include: Northern Lights(Nirvana) Super Skunk(Sensi Seeds), White Russian( serious seeds), and WW X BB (femaleseeds.nl). All of these will grow out with little issues, andgive you a fairly homogeneous crop.

Not sure why Skunk #1 was mentioned ....she'll get out of hand with the stretch...not to mention the stank.