Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What strain do I want?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by JefeGrande, Oct 28, 2009.

1. I want Indica right?
    I'm not sure what I have right now as I am pretty new but when I smoke I get pretty energetic.
    I started smoking to mainly help chill me out as I have somewhat add (enough to make me squirmy as fuck when sititng for long periods of time) and to help me fall asleep. With this weed, it is making me do the exact opposite. While high I love to exercise ride my bike go skiing kayaking, hanging with friends and all that stuff. But when i try to get high and try to sleep I just sit there and squirm while staring at my ceiling.
    Now I'm not saying I dont like this high, I'm just saying I would like a little different weed to sleep to. I'm definatly going to keep getting this stuff as it is fun as hell to get out and do stuff with....
    I just need some names to tell my friend who buys for me so I can get the good stuff.
    Thanks GC your the best!
    Jefe

2. as a new smoke, i doubt your hookups get different strains for you. but its a possibility.
    and your right. your prob smoking some sativa bud. its gives you more of an energetic high.
    your looking for indica. ask for kush. a common strain thatll put you where you need to be.
    imo sativa would be better if smoking during the day and indica at night

3. If you're looking for a relaxed high you definitely want indica.

4. Although I am a new smoker, I get all my bud from a friend that has a very good consistant hook up. My friend is trust worthy and knows I can kick his ass (it may have already happened, we became good friends AFTER this though) if he cuts me short.
    Thanks for the hint on kush. Any other well known strains?

5. I'm sure a lot of purple strains are indica, that's what they usually are for me.

6. the thing is.....

your going to get false names and false strains. there is no way to tell so your out of luck.

unless you grow your own shit of course.

7. #7 acousticjams, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    granddaddy purple
    and as i mentioned before.. kush. there are many kind and commonly found
    og kush, master kush, blueberry kush, the list goes on...

anything that ends or begins with skunk

and i believe white widow is a really bomb indica

STAY AWAY FROM HAZE... very common and it will give that energetic high

and as stated above.. unless your buying direct from a grower or club.. you never know what your gunna get until you can look at bud with your eyes and determine between indica and sativa strains.

more or less, alot of bud is a cross between indica/sativa. for example and specific strain can be 60% indica and 40% sativa. but it is still indica dominant

8. So I'm not a weed expert. How can I tell I have an indica dominant weed?

9. you can't if you dont have it still on the plant. indica leaves are short and stubby. sativa are long and skinny. you can tell after you smoke it based on whether its primarily a body high/relax (indica) or cerebral/energetic (sativa). most strains are hybrids so itll be both

10. Most indica dominant strains have a heavy body high accompanied with a small head high. It is concentrated in the body so your limbs may feel heavy, or you might feel slow. You also get maaaad couchlock if it is very indica dominant. Sometimes it's hard to tell with hybrids such as White Widow because they will give a very cerebral high, and also an uber stony body high.

11. hey dude have you had white widow? i just picked up a few dubs of that cuz my dealer gets it once or twice a year. let me know if anyone knows shit about white widow. it was bud that healed me when i was sick with a fever and cough. i love that shit and believe it is indica. mainly at least.