What state is furthest from legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sshack, May 19, 2010.

1. ^qft.^

2. Arkansas has a solid MMJ coalition bringing forth a petition.

News | Arkansans for Compassionate Care

Not that MMJ = legalization. But any step forward is good for AR.

3. Indiana, everytime they try to throw together a bill they want it to be decriminalized to 3 oz, they want too much.

4. #144 aPersonUponaHill, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

Huh? DC has medical marijuana and dispensaries. I know because I live in Maryland and im jealous.

Not to mention its the most liberal city on Earth, only recently could you even buy a gun in DC, legally.

5. Georgia is one if not the worst state for marijuana

6. i wouldnt say that, PA does have a bill created for medical mary jane but it hasnt been brought up for discussion yet

7. florida is the same way but its mandatory $1000 and 1 year in prison for any usable amount or paraphernalia. with that said we may be voting on medicinal marijuana this election. and according to polls 57% are for it and we only need 60% to pass. im hoping a large portion of the against numbers will die off of old age and they will be replaced with the younger more logical people who will turn 18 in the meantime.

8. They have but...

"The Raymond P. Shafer Compassionate Use Medical Marijuana Act, has been re-introduced as Senate Bill 1003 and House Bill 1653! SB1003 was assigned to the Public Health and Welfare Committee, where the Chairperson, Senator Patricia Vance has no plans to schedule a vote. Please call her at 717-975-1985 (district office) or 717-787-8524 (Harrisburg office) and ask her to change her mind.

HB1653 was assigned to the Health Committee, where the Chairperson Rep. Matthew Baker has made no plans to schedule a vote. Please call him at (570) 724-1390 (district office) or 717-772-5371 (Harrisburg office) and ask him to change his mind.
    "

Pennsylvanians For Medical Marijuana

We need to vote these clowns out.

9. This is why I like Massachusetts,

< 1 oz. = no jail time, 100 dollar fine

Possession of paraphenilia: Not a crime!

10. Iv got to back this guy. Kansas without a doubt. The actual written laws are one thing but the enforcement of those laws is a whole different story. This depends on the DA and the cops.

For example lets say you have your weed in 2 different containers because its two different strains. You get caught. In Kansas they will say thats felony intent to distribute because they were divided for sale.

The DA and law enforcement interpret the law in the harshest manner possible in Kansas.

So for the record when you hit the Kansas state line seriously consider driving around the state.

11. Don't feel like reading ALL of the states laws or reading 10 pages of this thread.

I'm from South Carolina. Possession of more than 1 oz (meaning a gram over an oz.) is automatically classified as "Intent to distribute," and is a felony resulting in 5 years and 5k in fines.

Growing 1 plant yields the same punishment (law states "less than 100 plants").

Paraphernalia is a civil citation with a 500$ fine.

Thank science they have first-offense conditions on possession under an oz. Like 50% + of everyone that i knew smoked in high school was arrested at some point during the years they were in high school for possession.

12. God I hate this state. It's so true. I know people who've gotten screwed for stuff like this. Thank God I haven't been caught yet.