What state is furthest from legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Sshack, May 19, 2010.

1. Florida is in the process of letting the people take the vote into consideration it only needs 60% of the vote to legalize medicinal cannabis.

2. Wish it would happen, but Florida is a long way from mmj or decrim. Our new Gov. Rick Scott is allowing Fl. prison system to be privatized, and that means they will need inmates to fill those beds...cocksuckers

3. yeah privatized prisons are sooooo excessively fucked up. but i live in florida also and from what ive been hearing is theyre leaving the vote up to the people in 2012. any recent news youve heard on it? its been a while since i heard that.

4. Don't remember the name of the woman who heads PUFMM [not sure if that is correct] but I subscribe to their newsletter on the net. Doesn't look like they have really raised a lot of money for the ballot push, and it seems they have had some issues getting the signatures needed to show public support. I have heard some unkind things said about the effort that has been put forth [not enough].

5. True, the only problem is thc can stay in your urine for over a month. You could have smoked last week, gotten into an accident fully sober but can be charged for DUID from weed you smoked last week!

6. Yeah, this concerns me too. I feel like the cops and courts are going to see legalization as a whole new revenue stream. I'm afraid the cops are going to be swabbing my mouth after I pass my roadside sobriety test when I get pulled over . Sometimes I feel like I'm too paranoid, guess that comes from living in the South all my life...

7. #107 BudNdBitches420, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hawaii has medicinal o_O

And Pennsylvania :(

8. Rahm Emmanuel is pushing it in Chicago!

9. Oklahoma. Period. People still get life sentences for distribution of an ounce, no joke. Mississippi is the nearly the same.

10. TX Law

0-2 Oz. possession of marihuana (they still spell it with an h in court documents)
    A fine not to exceed $2,000 and up to 180 in Bexar County Jail.

Blows dick.

11. Texas is so fucking outdated that they still have marijuana tax stamps on legal reserve. They don't give them out anymore, but they will still charge you double for violation of the Tax Stamp laws. Isn't that thoughtful of them?

12. I'd say Florida is the furthest. Not only do governor Rick Scott's buddies in the private prison industry stand to profit greatly from harsher penalties with "marihuana", but he also stands to lose profits from his drug testing monopoly if cannabis were legalized.

13. Oklahoma definantly. It seems like Most of the population that votes on anything here is ridiculously conservative. This state sucks

14. Tennessee.

I enjoy living in Memphis kind of, but fuck Tennessee.

And fuck Georgia harder.

15. Are prices better in states that have decriminalized? I always wondered, since the risk factor is down some.

16. I don't think Iowa will be the last, but it's definitely one of the last ones I think, I could be wrong though.

17. Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Alabama. All the surrounding states' policies are effected by these. These states are the strongholds of the Prohibitionist Regime.

Did you guys know, if a state does not agree to enforce the Prohibitionist Regime's draconian drug laws, they don't get any Federal Transportation funding?

18. [quote name='"Sshack"']Um no, NH is one of the states looking to decriminalize/legalize ganj.[/quote]

Dude NH is a joke no matter how much I like the skiing. What happened to Live Free or Die?? But u can't grow weed. Especially since they have liquor depots every 10 miles.

19. [quote name='"Atomic Labrador"']Tennessee.

I enjoy living in Memphis kind of, but fuck Tennessee.

And fuck Georgia harder.[/quote]

Thank god someone mentioned TN! I love it there but don't live there. You can't even get liquor in certain counties most of what I got was ditch weed prob grown by hillbilly's in the holla.

20. I have to disagree with most of you. I think these are all random experiences.