What stage am i at??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PCGrower223, Jul 23, 2011.

1. So I have to confess I'm a little lost.
    I'm growing autoflowering dwarves - easy Ryder in a pc grow and 70:30 perlite soil mix. They've been on nutes for about 6 weeks. I think they stunted cos in the first few weeks the weather was really hot and I couldn't keep the temp down.
    Thing is I now don't know what stage the plants are in or if I can expect a harvest soon?
    Is it too late to LST or scrog?
    When do I stop nutes and should I flush?

Attached Files:

2. #2 JonJonJon, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    it looks like youre in 3rd or 4th week of flowering, you can always LST and scrog if you need to but there really is no point, this late, with those dwarves IMO. And its up to you when to flush, some people flush for the last 2 weeks, some for the last week, and some even less. Depending on how clean you want your bud to taste and smoke, you flush for longer.

3. Thanks dude.
    Should I have switched to a 12/12 light regime? They've been on 18/6 since they started. I don't think they're gonna yield much are they? They look completely different to other pics I've seen.
    Am I gonna get some useable smoke outta this? Please say u haven't screwed this up!

4. With true autoflowers, you should never need to switch the light cycle. So you should be fine if you bought those seeds from a credible source. I really dont know what theyre supposed to look like, or if your plants are high yielding, but it looks like no buds are developing under the top cola, so I would trim(not cut off) the leaves to allow more light into the bud-sites. There are buds growing there, so you should definitely get some smoke out of them. Keep us posted on their progress!

Edit: Its a little strange (to me at least, but Ive never grown Dwarves before) that you have no buds under the top cola, what kind of light are you using?

5. To be honest mang, im lost too.
    Dont know much but autos but im gonna sub and watch this :D

P.S. Flush 12 days b4 harvest! Just my 2 cents :p

6. Thought I'd give you all an update, so heres some pics.

How far am I away from being able to harvest?
    Brown leaves - should I stop nutes?
    I honestly hav no idea how this plant is supposed to look when its ready for harvest!

Thanks.

Attached Files:

7. I would say your better off spending your time researching your plant yourself since you obvisously went into this without a clue. Just start with the search bar and type in "when to harvest" and "when to flush" I don't have the answers. But I would do LOTS more research before your next attempt so it won't be so disappointing, maybe start by learning what an auto is vs. photo-period plants.

8. Your not ready yet..your pistals are all a brilliant white. Go to the harvest section and you will see some good guides on when you are supposed to harvest. I tend to harvest when the trichomes are milky to amber and most of the pistals are amber colored. Its a combo of both at least for myself.

As for nuting well they say you should stop nuting 2 weeks out.

My last grow was auto flower btw. Your leaves look fine. Some brown tips is nothing really to worry about. Your plant though as it nears its lifecycle end its leaves will all start turning yellow to brownish. Mine did at least.

Since your growing auto flowers your still on the same sced. There is no stunting the growth really that impacts anything. Yours might be smaller then one that is not stunted but the same time frame for growth applies.

Also you mentioned 12/12 on them in a earlier post...autos like 24 hour lights.

9. You got some time. How old are they from seed? It doesn't look like much right now but all those empty spots will probably get filled in.

What is your lighting situation? I'm gonna say you need more light just based on your pics. Don't switch to 12/12; you'll just be robbing them of much needed lumens. Don't flush either...those buds need to beef up.

10. So I got 5 days til I gotta crop. I'm off to the states for a few weeks and can't get anyone I trust to water my babies, so I just gotta be happy with what I get I guess. I'm not sure they're ready, the small stunted one might be, it's trichomes are lovely and brown and there's loads of crystals!
    I uploaded some pics in the harvest section, so I'll take some more to tomorrow and post here.
    Let me know what you guys think.
    They'll be 11 weeks old bang on from sprouting when I cut them. They're autoflowering dwarves so I'm not sure what they'll be like, but fook it they were an easy first grow with alot of lessons learned!

11. Here's the pics guys. I'd appreciate it if you let me know what you think.
    I have to harvest in a few days and stick em in an air tight box while I'm away fir 2 weeks. Is mould gonna be a problem? Can I freeze it?

Attached Files:

12. Update! What do you guys think?
    I cropped the short shitty one cos it wasn't gonna yield much. It went crispy when I dried it tho so it's kinda sucky!
    I've decided to see if my girl can last the 11 days I'm away on what water I leave her, I'm sure shell either be recoverable or ready for harvest and nice and dry. What do u think?

Attached Files:

13. you gotta wait till those hairs recede to harvest. and definitely looks like some heat stress though. but you should do fine. it's gonna be a tasty sac!