What St. Pattys Day has become is Fucked Up..

Discussion in 'General' started by Flemian, Mar 17, 2012.

1. If you are a Pagan, its traditional today wear a snake (pin, broach etc) or even make a St. Patrick Failed snake wreath

[​IMG]

2. OP I don't know what holiday you're on about but I'm having a great time celebrating my national holiday.. PADDY'S day here in Ireland.

Those of you seeking the actual story of St. Patrick, should watch this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0n0G-3AKc&feature=relmfu]Story of Saint Patrick - Give Up Yer Aul Sins - YouTube[/ame]

I dunno, there's something really nice about Paddy's day in Ireland.
    We celebrate our own culture and then the Lord Mayor will often invite members of other cultures to participate in the parade and festival.

It's not all about the drink.
    It's our national holiday and I think it's a lovely day.
    St. Patrick should serve as an example to those bleedin IRA heads and the protestant loyalists. He was enslaved, abused and treated like shite here and yet he turned the other cheek and still sought to help the Irish people.
    I'm an atheist, but I still respect st. paddy.

PS. Our flag at present.. Green, white and orange.
    It means catholics peace protestants.
    In this side of the world, green is a colour associated with catholic and celtic people, particularly the Scottish and the Irish.
    Orange is often associated with the protestants cause of the orange order/William of Orange (google it)

3. [quote name='"tharedhead"']

If you are a Pagan, its traditional today wear a snake (pin, broach etc) or even make a St. Patrick Failed snake wreath

[/quote]

I know ^ ^
    Lovely wreath btw.

4. Glad someone could give us a view from Ireland, should have cleared some things up.

5. It's Paddy not Patty. Paddy is for Patrick while Patty is Patricia.

6. i never understood it.

but even in canada its like get shit faced day.

BUT... EVERY holiday in canada is get shitfaced day, sorta funny.

like canada day is like the biggest outdoor party you can find kinda day

7. I mean, yeah it is an example, but who cares... honestly that stuff is kinda boring. I'd rather just get shitfaced and fuckin PARTY :cool:

8. I definitely read Twee's post with an accent

9. [quote name='"NutsLikeKngKong"']christmas used to be about jesus too

people just need an excuse to party[/quote]

Not me ;)

10. What the fuck are you doing man?

The point of a holiday is celebration, not nitpicking and over-analyzing!

Enjoy the holiday, celebrate Ireland, celebrate Saint Patrick, and quit stressing over stupid things!

;)

11. Who gives a fuck? If you haven't noticed, this is America. We are fat, dumb and drunk. We'll do whatever we want