what solution should i use to clean the walls of my growing room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bukkakke, Aug 17, 2010.

1. I was wondering, what solution I should use to disinfect the walls and ceiling of my growing room? I read somewhere that I shouldn't use bleach because it has potential to harm my plants by leaving a harmful residue on the designated area.
    Is isopropanol (rubbing) alcohol a good solution?

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

2. yes some kind of alcohol cleaner would be good

3. So, if i were to clean the room with a paper towel drenched in rubbing alcohol, would it have potential to harm my plants?

If the fumes are toxic to the plants, how long should I let the room air out?

4. dont wet it through just wet it ring it out and then wipe it and leave it to air out fore a couple of hours and you are good to go try and get proper alcohol cleaning solution dont go get a bottle of JD or vodka all thou it will work but best be safe than sorry

5. I think it would be safe to use a mild solution of bleach and water and when done just go back over the walls with a wet towel and regular water to rinse off then let your room air out for a day.

6. 10:1 with 5% (household) bleach (that's 10 parts water)
    Let air dry

7. raoul is telling you the 100 % proffessonel answer 5% bleach is the best way !! ive done it many times with no ill effect whatsoever !!

8. I heard 9:1 but, that's not going to make a difference. Raoul has the right answer.

9. will the 1:10 solution of 5% bleach destroy the walls by taking the paint off?

10. My brother said unless you get the bleach water mix to strong it wont hurt the paint. He does industrial coatings for a living. His last job was painting a two story microscope at a Berkley lab.

11. I used a 1:10 solution of 6% hyposodium chlorinate (Clorox) and the room still smells like bleach even through i wiped the walls down with a wet towel. I set a fan next to the window so that the room could air out, but im planning to wipe the walls down with a wet towel tomorrow.

12. look for Advanced Nutrients Wipe Out. Only grow room disinfectant ive ever come across. Hard to find. Sold mostly in Europe. Great product tho.

""""Advanced Nutrients Wipe Out has been formulated especially for the requirements and demands of grow room environments.

Manufactured to wipe Out diseases, viruses, molds and fungi that want to eat your plants and rob you of your harvest.

· Totally Safe and Non- Toxic

· Quickly cleans garden rooms and equipment

This all organic formula is totally safe and non-toxic sterilizes grow spaces and cleans garden equipment and rooms quickly so your hydroponics plants are protected from microbial attackers that can turn a grow room into a death trap.

Wipe Out is quick and easy to use.

Simply spray it on, let it dry and your growing room is ready for planting.""""