what soil to use for seedlings???? npk??help lkilled too many seeds already!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pocky23thai, Feb 17, 2009.

1. #1 pocky23thai, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
    hey, i tried looking everywhere for the pro mix hp but i couldnt find it. i was wondering if these product will work for my seedlings. basically, i killed to many seeds because i used the wrong soil and too much nutes. i still havent had a good success rate .please help . i need to know everything about seedlings. thanks thanks for replying to my thread

any tips on how i should begin or go about this soil mix?

i bought mircacle

sphagnum and peat moss N=.05P=.02K=.04
    perilite N=.04P=.01K=.06 WILL ADDING TOO MUCH PERLITE AFFECT THE GROWTH?

THEN I HAVE MIRACLE GROW MOISTURE CONTROL POTTING MIX
    N=.21P=.07K=.14

I ALSO HAVE JIFFY MIX SEEDING START 50% PEAT MOSS AND 50%VERMICULATE WITH LIME PH ADJUST. THIS PRODUCT HAS KILLED ALOT OF MY SEEDS AFTER GERMINATION.

BASICALLY , I MIXED THE SPHAGNUM AND PEAT MOSS WITH ABOUT 15% PERILITE INTO A CUP. IS THIS OK?

i have 4 bags a home should i mix them or should i do trial and error? i hate to kill my seeds. thanks alot

2. Don't use Miracle Gro soil or amendments, they all have added nutes that can kill your baby sprout.

3. I use a Miracle Grow mix for my sprouts and seedlings, but it is only as an additive b/c my sprout/seedling soil is almost a soiless mix. It is primarily Sphagnum moss, Vermiculite, Perlite, and MG professional potting soil. Less than 1/3 of the mix is Miracle Grow Soil. this is extremely airy, has great drainage, and I have 100% success. If the seed sprouts and you are losing them, you are defiantely doing something wrong.

Here is my technique for sprouting seeds:

Soak the seeds in 7.0 PH balanced water adding a drop or 2 of Hydrogen Peroxide for at least 12 hours before placing them into the soil. When you put the seeds in the soak, pot your soil mix, and water it good, giving about 20-30% run off, so the soil is evenly moist when you place the seeds in it. When you plant your seeds, only go 1/4-1/2 inch into the soil. Do not water until you see sprouts comming out of the soil and do not add nutes. Nutes only need to be applied when needed in these early stages, in most cases I never add nutes before the 4th or 5th node are fully formed, the only exception would be some cal/mag. Once I transplant into my Happy Frog/Ocean Forest mix, I only feed as needed.

MG is not good by itself for sprouts or seedlings, but if only used as base for the rest of my additives, it works well. I have used MG Seed Starter, it works well, but I find I get a better root structure by using my present mixture.

less

4. Use Sunshine #4 add 20% perlite and 20% worm casting,dolomitic lime as needed per mix.Watering young seedlings and plants is not about throwing nutes at them like many or most do.Chill out and give them warm quality water mixed with 1 ml of superthrive per 4 litre of water.The seedlings and young plants respond quickly and no nute burn on plant tips.From there vege with Flora micro and Flora gro .When ready to flower go with Plant prod 15-30-15 one time nute,one time water.The buds i got from doing this blew all my buddies away that had all sophisticated systems etc.Go simple and straightforward and your potency and yield will be awesome.PS I'm growing White rhino and G13xhash plant at the moment but try God bud from Jordan of the islands.Cheap seeds compared too rhino and g13 but wow is this bud stoney and long lasting.Peace