What soil should I use?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Klimmit, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hey guys, this is my first grow, I've read up on everything I need to so that I feel confident enough to grow!
    \nOne thing I have yet to figure out though is what spoil composition I should use. 
    \nhttp://imgur.com/a/JQctA#LHErWC3
    \nThe above link is my grow setup, including the soil I intend to use. Any idea on what ratios I should mix them? Also, will that be fine? Is the NPK alright? I want to hear what you guys have to think.
    \nAlso, nutes; I have no idea what to do with nutes, and no idea what nutes I should be getting. 
    \n\nSo you know, I'm going to be growing an Auto Northern Lights strain.
    \nThanks for the help guys!

2. Not the best choice of soils but if it's all that's available it is what it is. I would be very careful if and when you add nutes because the mg and perlite already has nutes in it and you can't control how much is absorbed by the plant. You might want to get some jiffy seedling starter mix it is peat moss and vermiculite and has abit of lime in it as well to help buffer ph. When I had no choice but to use mg I diluted it with the jiffy and had good results, not great, but good. It looks like you are well on your way just keep reading and searching for answers!