What soil should I use?!

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by OrganicBallSoup, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ok guys. I've spent the last 3 months reading this forum and trying to get all the information I can before asking. But, now I need some inputs. So I have some clones in solo cups that need to be transplanted into 2 gal pots.
    I can
    A.) mix together some soil ( using everything I need like alfalfa, Ewc, rock dust, perlite, etc.) and use that immediately
    Or
    B.) Re-use soil from previous plants that I amended withewc, and other nutrients about a week ago.

Main reason that I am asking, is because I'm afraid the roots decomposing in my reused soil will start to cook and get too hot for my plants to grow.

What do you guys think?

All plants in solo cups are at least 8inches tall

2. I'm not exactly sure what your first mix was composed of but if you had a good run in it I would give it a second go. no worries about heat from roots, that decomposition doesn't heat up you're good to go!

Of course, that's just me...

Surf biter out!

3. #3 waktoo, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  4. #4 OrganicBallSoup, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    Reused soil:
    Roughly 3 cubic feet total (maybe a little more). This soil was very simple and I pretty much added nothing to it for first grow. One week ago I did condition it with.
    Amendments: 2 cups Alfalfa, 2 cups Kelp, 2 cups Shrimp, 10 cups rock dust, 1/2 cu ft EWC.

* Soil was originally composed of Sunshine Promix 4, extra perlite, and EWC.

5. Option B Sounds good. Either way you go, Your soil should cook for at least 20 days before use. IMO Of course.

Just my 2 cents.